Trolls R Us redux [Now the argument clinic]

k9bfriender, Sorry, I worded that question poorly. Let me change it to "Can you tell me that this false perception didn’t piss you off, and also maybe in the past hasn’t colored your perception of me?

Scamster revives 19 year old thread to promote pyramid schemes:

@Lisa88. Hitler reference, anyone?

I’m sure it’s a reference to Joker 88, not Hitler.

^You’re probably right.

Joker88: at least it’s not Hitler! ™

I really don’t know who you are, and I am too busy to keep track of who has said what, so I judge each post on its own merits.

Rather than asking me to reflect on your posts and why you get the reactions that you do from them, why not do that work yourself?

But how could you decline when he’s politely asking you to provide some information…

I find it hilarious when a poster decides that his best defense is to point out that he is extremely stupid.

The Supreme Court ruling against execution of the mentality incompetent applies to message board bannings, too. Right?

Truth be told, “Too Stupid to Live” is a factor in a lot of bannings.

Jeebus is sad.

You know, for immunocompromised people who have to avoid raw egg you can use a sous vide circulator. 135 degrees Fahrenheit for 75 minutes will kill any salmonella while still leaving the egg proteins in their original state. That’s a good tip, although the chance that any individual egg is contaminated with salmonella is around 20,000 to one against. Still though, if you’re using three eggs in a recipe, the odds drop down to 6,667 to one against so a dab more risk.

I strongly suspect that a poster with a Futurama-based drink name is a sock. I also suspect they would search for their name.

The reason is just their odd posting style and seeming familiarity with the board. They feel a lot like certain novelty accounts. And they seem to have grudges with certain posters, the ones who (last I checked) get snarked about elsewhere.

It’s difficult to describe exactly why, but they feel off in the same way Reddit novelty accounts feel off.

Have you reported this theory to the mod(s) of the relevant category(ies)? I’ve done that a time or two and they seem happy to get the early warning to actively monitor so-and-so.

Or just use aquafaba instead of egg white.

Huh, thanks for that. Learned a new word and cooking tip today.

Trolls leading to education, who knew?

Hmm. The Slurm guy’s profile is hidden.

Which means nobody can put him on ignore.

Should I raise this issue in ATMB?

To ignore those with no profiles, open your Preferences tab. Go to Notifications > Users and add the name you wish to ignore.

Funny thing is, I just reported this twit with language very similar to what y’all said here. He’s been pinging my assholedar for awhile, but finally enough that I clicked the flag.