Trolls R Us Resurrections

Oh fuck off! *

* This post humbly submitted in the hope that it meets the high standards of constructive and intellectually stimulating debate expected by @naita.

How shall we fuck off, O Lord?

Aren’t you the guy who got himself kicked out of a franchising community for repeatedly telling people how franchises we’re scams?

Did you knock it before you tried it? Or does that rule not apply in all contexts?

~Max, calling the kettle “black”

Touché

I look forward to seeing what position he takes the next time “open carry” comes up . . . 'cause it seems inescapable (even for a guy with his skills to escape the obvious) that that person should be given a stern lecture disarmed arrested killed murdered on sight.

Well, since we’ve moved on past posters who annoy us and back to trolls, I’m currently wondering about Wrenching_Spanners. Their first ATMB defense of the departed UV felt a lot more like wanting to protect the rights of the right as it were, rather than deal with the particulars of the posters patterns, but I wouldn’t have called it trolling.

Opening a brand new ATMB thread (thankfully shut down with cause by ECG) though to KEEP complaining that hijacks aren’t such a thing, and even if so, it was subjective, and because UV attitudes were unpopular, it was biased and wrong… well, that feels like it’s starting to move to the realm of proactive trolling.

Every time a jerk poster is banned, the other jerks clench.

Not so much a troll as another right-winger keen to keep up the “any moderation of conservatives is political persecution” meme to proactively protect himself from potential future moderation.

While WS was composing a reply. :smiley:

I agree @Gyrate , which is the way I characterized the first ATMB post - but everything about their second thread felt . . . more aggressive? It may still be a proactive defense just as you indicated, but to me felt super confrontational, as the prior thread was still technically open.

I don’t think Wrenching_Spanners is a jerk, I sure as hell don’t think they’re a troll. Starting the 2nd ATMB thread was a weird move but otherwise they don’t cause problems. I’m barely aware of them as a Mod.

I also don’t think they’re all that right wing. I recall him using science in Climate Change threads and not emotional appeals. But as that is a special interest area for me, maybe that is why it is about all that really registered.

British right wing, which can still be obnoxious but not full-on batshit the way the US far-right has gone.

Which they should stop doing . . . someone’s bound to get a serious puncture wound from all the extra nails they leave laying around.

:rofl:

Oh no! I’ve been called out for being dismissive in the pit. I shall amend my ways forthwith! :roll_eyes:

You’ve been converted! Hallelujah!

That’s why some people engage in Pitnessing.

You should take a look in the GOP House investigation of President Joe Biden thread.

AKA: “working the refs”

You mean the “We should impeach Biden because Hunter’s laptop and also you were mean to Trump” thread?

AKA Flak Machine