Trolls R Us Resurrections

Roger always struck me as the aceplace57 of the left.

In their first two days, MarkSh has started eight threads… and made no posts. Just sayin’.

j

They seem to have an interest in pop culture. It might be innocent. I’ll see if he replies to his thread asking about being able to move his supervised probation to another state. That seemed like a pretty big one, if he doesn’t go back in that thread it would be weird. That thread was a lot more personal than the other “here’s an idea to discuss among yourselves” threads.

New poster starting topic about a contentious personal issue is the classic troll tell.

Some of my best friends wear collars.

Hey, no kink-shaming here!

( :wink: )

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: (you know me too well)

Don’t you put that evil on me! As a proud leftist, I’ve had RT pegged as a troll for months now. Not sure how he’s still around, honestly.

But I digress. The real reason I came here was to comment on a “new” belligerent asshole in the Will Smith thread:

That’s NJS36 in (h)ttps://boards.straightdope.com/t/so-will-smith-punched-chris-rock-at-the-oscars-last-night/961826/478 (link intentionally broken)

S/He’s been on the board for all of one day and has been prolific in a handful of threads, including that one.

Now Mark seems to be going more subtle, bringing up rape and consent issues under guise of a Cafe Society thread about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It still definitely has the “faux outrage” vibe.

The guy doing the “prove me wrong” table meme suddenly switches to the uberfeminist view? That seems sus.

Eh, he’s all over the place and that’s his second attempt at a Buffy thread.

I think some newbies see the broad nature of topics here and think of it as another kind of Reddit. They don’t realize that we’re a much smaller community than the breadth of material would suggest and they go a little wild with posting topics.

Roger_That lives up to his avatar in the ATMB thread asking why his child rape thread was closed. Weep for the trials and tribulations of the eloquent, who dare to add a “little extra colour” to their posts. We appreciate the cross you so selflessly bear for us, and feel terrible about the persecution you face from the “Mod Hive” and “report after report” by posters.

https: //boards. straightdope. com/t/just-curious-why-is-this-thread-closed-for-review/962112/15

It’s like a guy running around with an open robe, his wrinkly old man parts flapping around, and when people shout how disgusted they are he apologizes, heads back inside, and comes out 15 minutes later in an open robe again but this time with his body hair shaved off.

Folks like that just need to be kept away from other people.

Roger_That is over there expressing dismay that our delicate sensibilities were offended by his playful description of incestuous child rape.

No remorse or even a lip service apology.
Also he thinks 1 day is 3 days, so he’s bad at math and discourse apparently.
His post reminds me of the EC days.

:nauseated_face:

He’s right that it’s not the hypothetical, but the language that he used that got him in trouble.

But he doesn’t seem to understand that that’s exactly what the problem is. Yes, the language that you use does matter.

If he invokes the first amendment, then any troll doubts will be removed. If he says: “OK, shit, I didn’t know the rules, or the customs.” then he gets to live. Is he new?

15 months on the board.

Huh, that’s almost the same as me. Do I have an evil twin? I defend my right (by claiming it first) to be the good twin for the record, you’re my witnesses.

Well, I like your avatar. Done! You’re the good twin.