Trolls R Us Resurrections

Meh. I’m not in that industry, but my first reaction to “tug boats and barges” is also “that can’t be right”. “They used tugs, cranes and winches” is a perfectly cromulent nitpick, even if you aren’t technically wrong.

There are clearly self propelled barges in the world, so I don’t see why one couldn’t help pull that Ever-whatever ship free.

And everyone in the area with an inflatable and a 4hp outboard could have joined in. How many would have to participate to equal one tugboat though?

DamnifIknow, but Princhester was arguing barges are “just platforms”. Some do have motive power. As much as a bunch of tugs? Of course not. But I guess someone felt some barges with motors could help out.

I’m going to stop engaging in this derail since I’m posting out of my ass, but in the links I’ve examined so far I haven’t seen any indication of barges using their propulsion to move the Evergrounded. Just crane barges offloading the cargo and possibly “pull barges” anchored and pulling with a winch.

“Boss! Boss!” “De barge! De barge!”

Pictured: de barge:

Imgur

Barges? We ain’t got no barges! We don’t need no barges! I don’t have to show you any stinking barges!

(In before someone gets the quote wrong)

On my favorite radio station growing up, they would play a clip from the original from time to time. So, when everyone quotes the incorrect Blazing Saddle’s version, it grates.

Blazing Saddles is never wrong. It’s reality that needs adjusting.

Pair of newbie trolls in Politics forum in the thread about sexism and LePen. See the first two posts.

First one admits to trolling and the second only posts in poll form. I’m sure they will both be welcome additions to this board.

Can we just ban EverythingMadeEasier? They are stinking up GD with rehashed God arguments over in the “Why do people believe in God” thread. Honestly, that thread lasted way longer than I thought it would before becoming a shit show.

He comes off like a religionist pretending to be an atheist just to stir shit up.

Yeah, typical troll tactics, just like “I’m a liberal, but…” followed by right-wing diatribes. We’ve all seen this a thousand times.

Yes, exactly. Both of these things. There’s no way this turns out well.

The term “antitheists”, the misnaming of “Randi” as “Randy”, the claim that a belief that God created the universe was the only possible alternative for theists to grab on to…what could possibly be suspicious about all that?

The thread had been fine, but totally hijacked now. There’s always someone who’ll feed the troll.

Y’all sound angry . . . so not True atheists!