Trolls R Us Resurrections

Yeah, I just about let fly with the “Obvious troll is obvious” comment when I realized it was in P&E.

Yup - I was 100% certain I couldn’t keep my contempt out of my tone and didn’t want to earn the wrath of the mods dealing with a bad faith actor. They are begging for a fight, and hope to drag others down to their level. And someone is probably going to get noted/warned when they do.

Sorry. I read they as referring to the moderators. That made your post very amusing! I realize, of course, you meant the (singular) troll in question.

I almost popped into the thread after I read,

I see I am the only Republican conservative libertarian here. Do they ban Republicans here?

but decided not to since my immediate response was, “They leave because they get tired of losing arguments when the facts are brought up.”

I have a feeling that wouldn’t have gone over well, and besides, it does nothing to contribute to the thread.

I live to amuse with my various bad typing habits and poor proofreading.

It’s hard to not play the trolls game. And obviously, as this is the second go-around, ignoring the troll and hoping it goes away is not in the cards.

Ted evidently came to us from Quora and I highly doubt he’ll ever fit in here.

Once we’re all convinced he’s correct then he’ll be happy and a great member of the community.

I’m just glad Puzzlegal shut down the thread. Ted has no real interest in debating - it’s a statement of unsupported allegations combined with a near-religious faith in unbridled capitalism somehow being enlightened, despite all evidence to the contrary. Not that evidence was provided by them in the first place, but…

I swear, some of these posters are so blinded by their hatred of Musk they lose all desire to want to believe what is true. It’s really fucked up, and seeing this behavior on the SDMB which I’ve been reading since '99 is really disappointing. My posts in the Musk thread debunked a few oft-repeated falsehoods about the guy and I get shitted on.

If you don’t like his tweets, or him, that’s fine. I don’t like his tweets either. I don’t agree with his recent political views. But I do respect what he’s accomplished, and I obviously care that enough to post w/ cites to debunk some common claims because it’s just sad that some SDMB posters just repeat bullshit they’ve seen elsewhere without actually digging into the truth of it.

I’m glad @What_Exit closed the thread. It was tiresome.

Thanks to your bullshit it was.

That’s not the picture you presented in the thread. You seemed to indicate that disliking him wasn’t fine at all.

Yeah, many people in that thread said that he’s had some accomplishments but that he was an asshole, and gets a lot of credit for shit he just didn’t do. Most of the credible cites I saw there debunked you.

You came out of that looking really bad.

Sorry I interrupted the hate-Elon circle jerk with some actual facts. You must have been the pivot man because I didn’t hear shit from you.

It was closed before I had a chance to contribute. You’re hearing from me now, schmuck.

Oh, in that case I’m sure it would be very easy for you to point out where I was “debunked”?

You will just ignore all that is pointed out and ask the same thing over and over again, troll.

Where did anyone point out anything? I’m living in bizarro world.

That thread made it clear why that would be a waste of time. I’m not here to relitigate the thread. Hard pass.

You certainly are, and we would appreciate it if you would stop trying to drag us into it.

Exactly. Shut the fuck up or point out where I was wrong.

Or what, troll?

You know what? Go fuck yourself. Seriously.

Do you know why I had to create this thread? Because the last one was ruined by a shithead just like you, another goddamned sealioning troll who insisted on endlessly debating shit from another thread. And people took the bait. They trolled the troll thread. It got killed off, and so I made a new one.

Get out of here. If you want to seriously talk about this, start your own Pit thread and throw down the gauntlet. Get the fuck out of this one if you have a shred of fucking decency.