?Trolls?

I did not want to have to ask this question. I could not put it in GQ, because I am certain it will be deemed ridiculous. I know of three kinds of trolls: 1- he fought with billy goats, 2- what Yoopers call us southern Michiganians, and 3- the kind on the end of your elementary school pencils with the colorful tufts of hair. I need to know what a troll is and why they are so awful. (and I would like to determine whether I have been guilty of this heinous affrontery.)

Make that 4 types, the 3 you mentioned and the 4th.

The 4th and the one that is talked about on the message board is slightly different.

When one goes fishing on a bass boat and one places one’s hook in the water while the boat is going slowly and is attempting to get a fish to bite, one is trolling (hence the name trolling motor).

That I believe is the origin for the Troll talked about here. Someone who purposefully posts some question that they are trying to hook other posters in. The question is usually inflamatory or stupid and then the troll either just sits back and watches others spend time posting or they post additional stuff to fan the flames.

Really anyone who often posts just to get people worked up or mad or along those lines.

I cannot say, if you have ever been guilty, but just try to act like a rational normal person and you should be fine.

Viper

Thanks so much, I will now consider myself well-informed.

Hey! I always thought trolling was when you walked through bars with purple spandex, a short tight leather skirt, fishnet stalkings and 3 inch spike high heel shoes. Now you are telling me I have to buy a boat engine too?

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

PCW, only the the kinkier bars.

Viper

Could ya map those out for me Viper, I always like to come prepared. =)

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas