Trump administration considered releasing illegal immigrants in sanctuary cities

Are you asking if House Dems agree that migrants should be treated like pawns?

Yeah those option are not open. Trump is willing. Will Dems be open?

No I’m asking if they will push to have them released into these cities?

I realize that libertarianism long ago determined that “If we can’t beat racism, let’s be racists too,” but I don’t think that’s how the Democratic Party approaches its disagreements with Trump.

Can you make the point you’re trying to make more clearly?

What is really surprising is to see now the conservatives of the SDMB tossing even ICE under the bus just to follow what the Mango Mussolini thinks is a good idea.

So, on top of everything, a moot point, and moot points seem to be seen as great progress by some followers of Trump. In reality it looks like a very pathetic way to score political points.

And I think that instead of calling Trump 'Mango Mussolini" I think that now Trump is more like the former dictator of Portugal, Salazar, who had lost his mind after a stroke and continued to his end to his days to think that his terrible orders and declarations were being carried out while his staff kept him happy by telling him that they were or still being worked out. ‘Cross our hearts! Your super duper orders will be done! We are working on it, ignore what you hear from your enemies, your law officers in reality are doing whatever you say…’

I have no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds like the Dems will not push to have the migrants released into these cities. Am I right on that at least?

I think it is a good idea to release migrants into sanctuary cities. If Trump is up for it, even for nefarious purposes, I think the best pro-migrant policy available would be to adopt the policy.

So you are taking the pro-ICE position?

I think guns save lives. If Obama is up for it, even for nefarious purposes, I think the best pro-gun policy available would be to hand out guns at Republican rallies.

Oh FFS! I’m all for taking in immigrants to sanctuary cities. But it’s going to take a little more planning than just taking busloads of them and dropping them off on the city streets.

If we’re going to do this, let’s do it responsibly. And let’s treat these immigrants with the dignity and respect they deserve.

Call me crazy, but I don’t think Trump is willing to do those things. He’d much rather cause chaos in the very country he was sworn to protect.

Is this a joke?

But not rejected. Trump just embraced it.
From just four hours ago:
“Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only…”

No. It’s an obviously disingenuous argument that lacks nuance and yet parallels perfectly.

Ok. So keep them in cages while it is straightened out, or continue deportations until then?

You know, gotchas would be useful for you if they could your talking point to not be a pathetic one.

In this specific case, yes. ICE was right, like the the blind squirrel that finds a nut.

Except Obama wouldn’t support that and Republicans wouldn’t have a huge problem. Here, Trump could support it and the Dems have a huge problem.

As I said, Salazar is back!

Ok. I think ICE is wrong 100% of the time and favor abolition.

Which of the other options on the table do you favor? Incarceration or deportation?

Have you ever tried responding to what people actually say, instead of rewording things to fit your little script?