Trump assassination attempt

Trump will build a wall across the Atlantic and make Britain pay for it.

Usually the people getting shot at are liberal figures; John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman. There were four different attempts to assassinate Bill Clinton and five attempts to assassinate Barack Obama.

If there’s a pattern at work here, it’s that Trump has pissed off the right wingers and they’re as mad at him as they usually are at Democrats.

That’s just blatantly false. Some of the earliest examples of violence were peaceful protestors at Trump’s campaigns being violently assaulted.

Not that it would have any bearing on this situation. What one group does does not determine why this guy acted. Why not admit you jumped to conclusions?

Personally, I’m more likely to believe he hates Trump for the same reasons most of us hate Trump, including you. And I find it extremely unlikely that he hates him for being Republican.

No need to assassinate Trump; he’s digging his own grave, politically. And that orange squirrel on his head will live on without him.

And then you age out and he replaces you with a younger woman.

This attempted assassination was a sign reading “TRUMP WAS RIGHT” in letters forty feet tall, but some people here are apparently too self-obsessed to notice. I’m not saying you should believe he is right, but you should at least have the brains to realise that an illegal immigrant trying to murder a Presidential candidate noteworthy for his opposition to illegal immigration is more than just a prompt for your latest amateur stand-up comedy routine.

Grumman … seriously because no one actually believes that Trump is concerned about illegal immigration per se. He is selling the demonization of Mexicans and of Muslims. If this was a brown-skinned Brit, especially one who had an Arabic name then sure, it resonates with what he is selling. But a mentally disturbed young adult White guy from England? It does not fit the demonization profile he promotes.

The “sane” thing to do when caught trying to take the cop’s gun would be to say he just wanted to hold the gun, maybe get a selfie of himself with a real-live gun. Instead he confessed.

I don’t know if the plan was all that terrible, he just didn’t have the skill to pull it off. How do you get a gun inside the security area? Take one from someone who is allowed to have one inside. Had he gotten the gun away, he’d have had to act quickly but it’s a better chance than trying to smuggle one in himself. I think it would be much easier if the assassin actually was a cop, but then the odds of a rogue cop being assigned to that detail are pretty small.

All that being said, we all know Trump supporters are several tacos short of a combo plate. That last thing we need to do is give these whackos a martyr. Trump is a dangerous bastard alive, I’m not so sure he wouldn’t be more dangerous dead.

Why would suspicion fall on the left? Trump isn’t popular with many in his own party, especially the wing with the money and power to order a hit if they were so inclined.

Omar Mateen was a Hillary supporter. Michael Sandford tries to kill Trump and suddenly his supporters are the crazy ones? :dubious: Maybe liberals can’t stand any sort of opposition because it invalidates their limited self worth.

Actually, Trump supporters were crazy long before the botched assassination attempt. My self worth is fine, thank you for asking. I welcome opposition, I just don’t appreciate unprincipled opposition that appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Which claim of Trump’s is proven right by this, again? The one about needing a wall to keep Mexicans out, or the one that says we need a temporary ban on Muslims?

I don’t want my self-obsession to obscure the point here, obvious as it may be.

Obviously it was police entrapment set up by The Donald to make lefties look bad.

No, liberals do not welcome opposition.

“Four studies found that the proportion of professors in the humanities who are Republicans ranges between 6 and 11 percent, and in the social sciences between 7 and 9 percent.”

Prison inmates are 95% Democrat voters. Even Conservatives lose it once in awhile accounting for 5%.

Cite?

It’s simple. Republicans have no humanity.

I suggest that perhaps there are simply fewer conservatives interested in pursuing a career in the academic world. The pay is certainly less than in the private sector and conservatives are in general less interested in hearing dissenting opinions. The prison demographics and Democratic demographics are largely the same, Democrats draw strength from minority voters, who are more likely to be imprisoned for crimes than voters from Republican demographic groups. There are more plausible explanations for your observations than the ones you choose to believe.

I, too, would like a cite that Mateen was a Hillary supporter. I’ve seen this in comment sections over and over, yet not one cite as to where it’s coming from. I call BS unless I see it coming from a credible source.

She’s a woman looking to lead…not likely to be radical muslim approved.

That would be the part where he said that people who come to the United States on a temporary visa and refuse to abide by the terms of that visa are a threat to national security:
[

](https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform)
Even if you believe as I do that checking a would-be immigrant before he is allowed to enter is the important thing, and not making sure they leave, in this specific case Trump was right and Clinton was wrong, because Trump wants people like Sandford contained and expelled while Clinton wants to offer people like Sandford amnesty and a path to citizenship.