Trump assassination attempt

The guy was from the U.K. I haven’t seen anything about why he was here or why he overstayed his visa.
I doubt he came here to harvest produce.

@Smapti & rock party:
I reported Omar Mateen to the FBI. Trump is wrong that Muslims don’t do our part.

Doesn’t sound like he was volunteering for her or anything.

Do you have a cite for that? Ted Cruz tried to make a similar argument only to point to study that does not show that. And then the same authors of the study came with more recent one that showed that

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/FactCheck_Are_most_violent_criminals_Democrats.html

One has to notice also that the numbers refer to discharged felons. As many pointed out one can find a good number of them that are in favor of the democrats, but that can explained by the fact that Republicans are very happy to deny voting rights to them.

So, the ironic thing is that people that paid their debt to society could had been Republican, but become more democrat after prison because of constantly being reminded that they are considered by the Republicans to be citizens no more.

So the people who actually know things like history, economics, and the law think the Democrats are better than the Republicans. This is not as devastating an attack on the Democrats as you imagine.

Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford (twice!), George Wallace, Geroge H.W. Bush, George W. Bush. Not to mention General Edwin Walker (by Lee Oswald, no less), Dick Cheney, Margaret Thatcher, Pope John Paul II, Alexander Haig, and for good measure, Andy Warhol, Bob Marley, John Lennon and George Harrison.

Assassinations actually tend to be pretty non-partisan.

:confused::confused:

Don’t you remember the pair of winners who were going to assassinate Obama wearing white tuxedos and top hats? I don’t think they had any idea how Gary Cooper looked.

Then, in something definitely not taken from a video game, an anarchist militia named FEAR was formed within the US Army with the express purpose of taking down the government. They also planned to blow up dams, poison apple trees, and kill any dudes who were insufficiently bad.

Really, just an average day at work for the Secret Service.

In other words, no cites and just your opinion… stated in a way to try to incite support for your preferred side?

Exactly. This is up there with the Left saying Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan were employed by the RNC. Or the Right saying Squeaky Fromme and Sara Jane Moore were hired by the DNC. :dubious:

Its nothing but tin foil hat BS that just doesn’t hold water, but somehow it keeps getting brought back up on the internet… and usually by people holding extremist views.

Yeah, more like a half-assassination attempt.

For allegedly spending a full year planning this attack, his plan was pretty fucking stupid.

Well, it was a year of planning, playing Cannon Fodder, weekends full of Soccer Hooliganism, and snacking on Hobnobs and Cadbury Fingers.

And it does take a while to get the tea just right…

Nobody has yet pointed out that guys like this could put American assassins out of work.

Pretty soon you’ll see them on street corners and off-ramps holding signs.
WILL KILL FOR FOOD.

Yes, I’ve heard in England there was a sharp fall in pay and they have been striking ever since.

This must have been a spur-of-the-moment thing, because it sure was not well planned.

Maybe it was a suicide-by-cop thing? Sandford is apparently autistic/Aspergian, which makes it hard for him to handle emotions. Also according to this article, he’s been diagnosed with OCD and anorexia -

No, it was a part of a long line of Leftist failures. He was a wanna be James Bond but didn’t add up to a Barney Fife.

First time I heard Bond being described as a leftist. :stuck_out_tongue:
Still waiting for your cite about your claim that 95% of prison inmates are Democratic voters.

No, Sandford says he’s been planning this for a while. He flew to Las Vegas with the intent to kill Trump and if the opportunity didn’t arise, he was planning on trying again at an upcoming rally in Phoenix.

I’ll grant the execution of this attempt was half-assed. But half-assed assassinations have succeeded on numerous occasions.

He intended it for a while, on his own evidence, but that’s not the same as saying that he planned it for a while. On the reports we have seen so far - which admittedly are sketchy - his planning seems to have consisted of one visit to a gun range, where he fired a gun for the first time in his life, followed by booking tickets to Trump rallies, and driving to the first of these in Las Vegas. Not a huge amount of planning, really. And, given what we’re reading about his poor mental health, that’s not entirely surprising.

You’re right, of course. Sometimes ill-thought-out and ill-prepared projects are carried through successfully. If this plan had anything at all going for it, it was that it was so wildly improbable that no-one would have anticipated it or taken any steps to guard against the particular tactic - grabbing an officer’s gun - that he relied on. (On the other hand, I’d assume that part of the firearms training that police officers get is how to prevent someone from grabbing your gun, so even if that wasn’t specifically seen as a risk at this event, it’s something officers generally know how to handle.)