Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians, according to US officials

I don’t expect any that are not Flynn (or Carter Page, though he’s too much of an idiot to be charged) related. But if there are any, THEN the breathless revelations of subpoenas would be justified. These are just ho-hum.

Little more than locker room talk, really.

BTW - about “timing” - the subpoenas were issued some weeks ago.

I had understood that it was just the cabinet and (now) Supreme Court justices that could get through with 51%. If the FBI director is in there too, than that’s quite unfortunate.

My understanding was that Harry Reid’s nuclear rule change was for all non-SCOTUS nominees. Judges, cabinet, FBI Director, etc. Lots of people tried to warn Reid and Dems at the time that it would be unfortunate. They did not listen.

I don’t see how it’s unfortunate at all. The worst thing the Republicans in the Senate could do right now is rubber-stamp an FBI director who is going to let Trump off the hook. How many Republican Senators are going to continue sticking their necks out for Trump as Trump continues to attempt self-immolation? Party before country I can see. Party before self-interest? Not so much.

And I suppose you’re proud of your party’s eventual nomination and confirmation of Ted fucking Nugent.

And you know that would be the Democrat’s fault for allowing Republicans to do it, too.

What have you that idea? I like Ted, but he’s not really FBI Director material.

We are reassured.

Trump has made a habit of putting people in positions that they are not qualified for. Starting with POTUS.

Part of the Russia CT is that the GOP or at least its leadership is being blackmailed by Russia (RNC emails, never released, awash in Russian dark money). So on top of their usual love of consolidating power, don’t count on that.

That’s the more limited CT. The real CT goes far beyond that.

The real CT is that all 63 million people who voted for Trump were all being blackmailed by Russia (via hacks of gmail, yahoo, and all other hacks of anyone by anyone over the last 10 years).

It’s the only rational explanation for his victory …

I thought that it would be Obama and Hillary’s fault.

Obama and Hillary are out of politics and safely neutralized. Now, things will be blamed on those Democrats who might present a future threat, like Elizabeth Warren. In fact, the Benghazi attack and Hillary’s e-mail server may turn out to be Warren’s fault, too.

Or…people are stupid.

But aren’t they currently blaming Obama for their lack of vetting of Flynn?

Please… they are the common clay of the new west.

Dems :eek:

Seems relevant.

Not much information yet, but the FBI is executing a search warrant on a GOP fundraising firm in Virginia.