Trump has fired Comey.

They recently fired the Head Usher - a black woman - so, you know, clearly a Russki. They’re draining the swamp!

This makes me feel mildly nauseous.

What’s Trump got to hide? And how soon will he be impeached for it?

Despite the hugh hew hue and cry about this Comey should have been fired. The problem is that Trump can’t justify not firing him before now, and outright defending up until yesterday, and it now looks like he’s trying to stop the Russia investigation, and IMO he’s not likely to replace him with anyone better. We need a special prosecutor on the Russia investigation now.

Just yesterday, liberals were still soaking the Internet with their tears over how incompetent James Comey is, and how he cost Crooked Hillary the election.

Today? They’re soaking the Internet with their tears over his firing.

It’s almost as if they’ll bitch and whine over anything President Trump does, simply because it’s President Trump doing it, and they’re whiny, spoiled little brats who didn’t get smacked in the mouth hard enough as children.

This begs the question, just how hard should you smack your kids in the mouth? Too hard and you break a jaw, then those pesky CYS jerks get up in your business; not hard enough and they grow up to be whiny, spoiled brats. Parenting is tough, I tell ya.

Chuck Schumer is telling Democratic Senators to be at their desks at 9:30 am. We’ll see what’s up, my guess is that they will refuse to vote on anything until a special prosecutor is empowered.

Who to replace Comey? Some say Ghouliani, but he’d just spend all his time looking for any dresses that J Edgar Hoover may have left in the closet in the FBI building. Gowdy? Perhaps. Christie? Maybe, he certainly has the lack of morality that the administration demands.

The amateurish firing is truly astounding. To have a guy find out by having it appear on television screens behind him as he speaks is utterly classless. I don’t have much use for Comey, but this was unprofessional. Nobody but nobody believes the reasons. They knew they could not mention Russia because that would be in conflict with Beauregard’s recusal. So they cut and pasted from some of Hillary’s campaign literature about his handling of the faux email scandal.

This is the beginning of the end for this crooked administration.

That reminds me of the behavior of another political party over the past eight years.

Any news on when the mod strike will end?

Not to worry. We’re getting the Mod Squad in here any day now.

Existing thread:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=825795

I thought firing people on television was Trump’s specialty.

At least that was face to face, as phony as it was. This was meant to humiliate and disgrace. Shame on this administration.

They must have learned it from the way Senator Mcconnell treated President Obama.

This is a warning for trolling. If you feel you must, don’t. As a reminder, typically with warnings users may accumulate a few before more severe action is taken, however as with spam, trolling can at times be an instaban offense. I would recommend focusing on substantive contributions else your stay may be cut short.

[/moderating]

Good riddance.

The guy was incompetent

Now that that’s out of the way, I will direct folks attention to the two other Comey threads.

IMHO: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=825795
MPSIMS: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=825794

I’m going to merge this into the MPSIMS one starting at post #62, but excluding post #71 and #72 which were in the MPSIMS thread already.

[/moderating]

Let’s assume that Trump fired him because he “got too close” to uncovering something major which implicated Trump (and I’m still not sure what law would be broken) in working with the Russians to win the election.

Wouldn’t Trump know that it would lead to a special prosecutor?

Did one of his shows ever go into this? Because if they didn’t, he doesn’t know it. This is not a president with a lot of subject-matter expertise.

Why? Why is this the beginning of the end?

Is it crooked? Hell yeah. Farcical? Bigly. Incompetent? It sure is. Reminiscent of a banana republic? Sadly, yes. Sort of like the Saturday Night Massacre? Indeed.

But what makes you think Trump is done? Have you been paying attention? The world has changed. Trumpists do not change their minds based on facts. Republicans will not impeach. They will not impeach for any reason short of Trump personally murdering top Republican congressmen.

I’m hearing Republican Senators say they are quite disturbed by the Comey firing. It is becoming obvious that an impartial investigation cannot be under the control of the executive branch. The Republican majority in the House is quite small. They are already in danger of losing the majority due to the health care debacle. Will they want to fall on their swords to keep a crook in the White House? I doubt it. This was an act of desperation, of a man consumed by a monster of his own creation. I predict that there will indeed be a special prosecutor named before Memorial Day.