Trump is the Antichrist to some people, and it's okay with them

Uh, you linked an article showing that they got the beliefs right. As does my experience as an former Evangelical myself.

You can debate to what extent those involving themselves in the Middle East are trying to fulfill prophecy, but not that the stated beliefs are wrong. I could ask any of the eschatology nerds at my (old?) church 5 minutes away and get the same story I got all my life and terrified me as a kid.

Though I will note that working towards prophesy is not the same thing as succeeding. Armageddon, as they understand it at least, is a fictional story. There may be some final war to end all wars, but the “prophecy” is based on weird allegorical (and even some numerological) interpretations of nearly 2000 year old text, not some actual strategic planning.

^^^The problem with prophecies is that it’s like trying to nail down diarrhea, the trick is first determining what is the specific prophecy it is supposedly predicting, even better a specific time it will occur. Since they are often vague and ambiguous, this leaves plenty of wiggle room for the prophet as well as the interpreter.