Trump kicking off re-election campaign in Florida this Saturday

The plans for that plant were drawn up during Obama’s term. Why do you not recognize his role in it? Trump had nothing to do with it.

The factory was built in anticipation of eventual need.

And who was President in 2013?

Face it, Donald Trump will be constantly taking time off to campaign for the 2020 election and he’ll be doing it for the next 4 years. When asked by a journalist if it wasn’t a little too early to be campaigning he responded with, “Life is a campaign. Making our country great again is a campaign.” You can plainly see how energized he gets by the crowd’s adulation as they enthusiastically cheer his attacks on the judges and turn to the media box and boo as he lambasts journalists. Trump needs these moments away from Washington and addressing his supporters, they fire him up…

If the Democrats hope to win in 2020 they should be very aware that if they don’t do something to counter Trump’s populism it may well screw them over again as it did in the last election. How do they counter it? I haven’t a clue. Continually attacking Trump for his cavalier attitude to facts won’t cut it, the truth is a lot of people don’t care. As long as he’s fulfilling his campaign pledges they will back him to the hilt and I suspect they will be joined by many more in the coming years.

Pretending he’s some sort of Russian stooge won’t fly either. People aren’t dumb, they know that if Trump and Putin were in cahoots the former would be criticizing Russia to defer any suspicion, not going easy on Putin, who as an ex-KGB man would know exactly how to best run an agent. Such accusations from the Democrats and their chums in the media and the Intelligence agencies serve only to bolster Trump in the eyes of his supporters.

What’s left then? Well, I guess they could continue to call his supporters ignorant and hateful racists. That worked so well last time. :slight_smile:

Unless he was absolutely sure he wasn’t going to run there were some other reasons to do it right away.

It let’s him keep fundraising and post-election he was making big money off campaign stuff like trucker hats. Shutting off that revenue hurts if he has any notion of a second term run. especially when you consider that he didn’t raise all that much compared to the major candidates he faced. It also let’s him continue to raise funds to pay debts, like clears throat personal loans he made to his own campaign organization. The law also requires paying market rates for stuff the campaign uses. So if say his campaign staff rents space in Trump owned buildings and contracts for services from Trump businesses …which they did in the last campaign.

It’s a smart, if sleazy, move to declare and continue fundraising. That’s whether or not he ever plans to run again.

Does it make me a bad person if I was really, really hoping he had made a big mistake?

I hope there may be some Trump voters smart enough to realize the fool they put in the White House. But converting them all is impossible.

We need for all sane people to get out & vote. In 2018 and 2020.

Thanks for your advice!

I know what you’re thinking and the Secret Service doesn’t like it.

I’m just hoping he keeps doing that and he gets someone “in disguise” who starts ripping him a new one.
I don’t think part of the Secret Service’s job is protecting his image or dealing with verbal hecklers.

Cheeto would either have to take it until other security can intervene or (please, please, please) treat the country to the sight of the President trying to physically remove a citizen.

[quote=“running_coach, post:82, topic:779969”]

The factory was built in anticipation of eventual need.

From your cite:

"In a letter to employees last week,** Krzanich praised Trump administration policies for making U.S. manufacturing more competitive with “new regulatory standards and investment policies.**”

My bold because they’re beautiful to see.

Trump policies are making this plant a reality not Obama’s incompetence.

Can we have a moment of silence for the terror attack in Sweden last night?

That quote doesn’t say anything about Trump having anything to do with a plant that was built before he even ran for PotUS. There’s no connection between the plant and Trump, as far as jobs are concerned. The plant was announced and built prior to his run for president, and production doesn’t start until after he possibly leaves office (whether that’s from term limits, impeachment, illness/death, resignation or whatever).

Correlation doesn’t imply causation.

[quote=“Pearl_Clutching_Provocateur, post:88, topic:779969”]

Then explain why the plant was built in 2013.

What part of “well-oiled machine” do you not understand?

Running Coach wrote: “I don’t think part of the Secret Service’s job is protecting his image or dealing with verbal hecklers.”

But any verbal heckler who got to the stage would be regarded by the Secret Service (can we start abbreviating that one?) as a physical threat.

Well-tuned machine. No oil. Guess what happens to any machine with no oil?

The part where that even remotely resembles the Trumpster fire we have burning now?

If he was brought on stage and given the microphone, would he be a heckler( sorry, I couldn’t think of a better word at the time)? If all he does is verbally flay the President, would he be a physical threat to be tackled and hauled off?

There were about 1000 demonstrators according to what I read on another site. They were under strict orders not to engage with any Trumpists. They disbanded shortly before the rally finished so as not to come under attack.

Rally attendees (ie not the demonstrators) were not allowed to bring in their own signs. They were handed signs at the door. Several bus loads were brought in. A number of buses had out-of-state license plates but I am assuming it’s like rental cars, they charter them from wherever.

The guy that was hauled up on stage (oh I’ve seen him before, yeah right, you couldn’t even see Rudy sitting across from you) salutes a life-size cutout of Trump every day.

There have to be better uses for a life-size trump cutout. Think of a few.

I have no idea. But if Trump can be credited for the jobs at that plant, then surely the actual President at the time it was conceived should also be credited, perhaps even more so?

As a liberal… using it as “something”… would that take my liberal card away? Since I know a lot of liberals who enjoy shooting and all.