Trump Pressured Georgia Official to ‘Find’ Enough Votes to Overturn Election

2/3 silence, 1/3 enthusiastic embrace of Trumpism.

At best.

If the House impeaches the mofo, it would take away the ‘silence’ option.

How long before Raffensperger is the target of death threats or even worse, an actual assassination attempt? How long before people demand his head on a platter for daring to tape Dear Leader?

Nah; Mitch would just spend a few weeks “bringing the charges into focus”.

Hasn’t that already happened?

ETA: Yes, it has. Just google “raffensperger death threats.”

Tru dat. But the House Republicans would still have to vote.

Yes.

Both him and his wife. And other Georgia elections officials.

And since it hasn’t yet been said about Trump and the nature of this call:
What a pathetic fucking loser.

Donald Trump is so disconnected from reality that I’m starting to suspect he may have voted for Donald Trump.

Here’s the entire audio and the transcript (may be paywalled.)

He’s not going to be impeached again; it’s up to the American people to ensure he never holds office again.

That’s terrible, I didn’t know that. Now they’re going to be ramped up x100.

What I find amusing (in a horrid way) is that anyone with the intelligence that Og gave mayonnaise* would realize that if there were any remotely plausible way for Kemp and Raffensperger — who are dyed-in-the-wool, voter-suppressing Puglicans of the first water — to flip the state to Trump, they would have done so. Yes, Raffensperger has stood up for the legitimacy of the election; but MHO, that’s for want of any other options.

* This specifically excludes Der Fakher

Be interesting to see it happen, though. The House could impeach him tomorrow (Monday) if they so choose. On the one hand, it would massively energize the Trump base and the Republican objectors who are planning to mess with the Count on Wednesday. On the other hand, it would also be a massive embarrassment to them when they do. And it could mess with the Georgia election on Tuesday. This could all get very entertaining.

He did call the Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives and asked him to send a pro-Individual 1 slate of Electoral votes to be counted in the Congress.

Well, Raffensperger wouldn’t.

Or more or less what gdave said – though I’ll add that a number of other Republican election officials in various states have also refused to go along.

I read it. You should read or listen to it if you have time, the excerpts don’t do it justice. Towards the end, he basically goes to straight up extortion and tells him if they don’t straighten it out and do the right thing, etc. before Tuesday’s election that his supporters won’t vote.

Raffensperger sort of vaguely agreed to have his aides schedule the meeting that Trump was requesting (a Monday meeting to “recalculate” the votes ahead of Tuesday’s election - I think he did that to end the call.

And here’s the gem, the tidbit that probably won’t make the reporting.

Trump to Ryan Germany, (the lawyer on the Secretary of State’s side of the call)

”I heard your lawyer is very difficult, actually but I’m sure you’re a good lawyer. You have a nice last name.”

I forget exactly who pointed this out in another thread, but what makes this especially scary is that those 11 senators skew towards being younger / more recently elected. It’s the old school Republicans that haven’t joined this movement. Give things a few more years and the retirements of the non-crazy Republican senators, and things could get even crazier, if that’s possible.

The American people (sort of)* already did their part. Now it’s up to the military and federal law enforcement to not to follow any illegal orders issued by Trump, and to begin following Biden’s orders at noon on 1/20.

*. The people who voted for any representative or senator going along with challenging the votes are excluded.

I caught a glimpse (what do you call it when you hear it, not see it?) from the radio that I don’t know who in Ga. is preparing a lawsuit to contest that the recording was lawful.
(Nothing about, you know, the contents of the call…)
The first time today that I heard of this story, it was mentioned that in Ga. it is lawful for a person to record their calls without consent of the caller.
Lawyers?