Trump sued by Stormy Daniels over hush payment

The exercise in finding something good or positive about a person you despise is about you not the person you despise. Emotion fuels many people not objective thinking. Some of the recent accomplishments of Trump include a new trade deal with South Korea with better terms for the USA and having China acknowledge that it should lower its 25% tariff on cars as well as honoring intellectual property rights.

The fact that China has a 25% tariff on cars from the USA is buried with all of the crimes of Democrats. You have to search pretty hard to find them. As with the threat of tariffs on Chinese steel, no recent articles even discuss the merit of imposing the taxes just the possible ramifications.

n/m

Bolding mine. No, no emotion involved there. :rolleyes:

I had the misfortune to work for a Trump type once – compulsive liar, abusive to underlings, unscrupulous in his greed, loud-mouthed bigot, and yes, a womanizer, and the misogynist crap he took glee in spouting made it quite apparent how much he despised them, no matter how many times he proclaimed “I love women!”

They knew each other because they were Deputy Finance Chairs of the Republican National Committee (both have now resigned, along with the Chairman, Steve Wynn).

While we’re at it, cite China’s acknowledgement.

Here’s a cite for the response in the trade war, which is primarily going to hurt what is plainly your party:

China to slap tariffs on 128 US goods

That is quite a bit of a hyperbolic overgeneralization. See, for example, the GOP response to Greitens. At the national level the norm is certainly to circle the wagons in the name of partisanship over country, world, and decency, to be sure, but there are good people who think beyond partisanship with an R after their names. Just few at a national leadership level.
LAZombie I suspect that you do not appreciate that the American auto industry does quite well in China, building there, exporting 267,000 passenger vehicles worth $9.9 billion (compared to 58,000 passenger cars worth $1.5 billion from China ), and that America has similar absurd asymmetric tariffs on other products. Do you believe the American auto industry wants a trade war?

I know that if the average American voter knew that China imposed a 25% tariff on autos there would be a lot more support for Trump’s actions. This is about treating Trump fairly. China needs to stop pretending its a third world country and incapable of following the rules of free trade.

La Zomba apparently doesn’t realize that high auto tariffs lead to foreign auto companies constructing factories in desirable markets, or doesn’t care. He sees that 25% and that’s all that matters.

I suggest reading about the history of American automobile manufacturing from 1955-2000 and learning just why foreign car companies were so willing to invest billions in US manufacturing plant during the late-80s on into the 90s.

In response to Trump putting tariffs on them. What did you expect?

NC farmers are upset that back and forth threats seem like they will result in an increase of the tariff charges by China on tobacco from 10 to 35%. It would hurt their exports.

Not much noted about the fact that U.S. tariffs on tobacco imports are 350%. The United States also has absurd and very asymmetric tariffs on items from paper clips to shoes to peanuts to canned tuna!

Is America pretending it is a third world country and incapable of following the rules of free trade?

Large multilateral deals like NAFTA and the TPP are really the only way to reduce the asymmetry of those tariffs across the board.

Yes, you really should treat Trump fairly.

You could start a tariffs thread, y’know…

I keep checking this whenever there’s a new post, thinking there’s breaking Stormy news (and I’ve GOT to get to bed).

Don’t know if this is breaking news per se, but I’m seeing suggestions in various fora that Stormy’s original lawyer WRT Trump was the same guy who represented that Playboy bunny whose story got bought and killed, and that he and Cohen were actually buddy-buddies engaged in a scam to shut up Trump’s tootses

The reason no one cares much about the 25% tariff is that most American brand cars sold in China are made in China.
Cite

So much for your outrage.

Cite that this 25% tariff is the fault of the Democratic party? I seem to remember a few Republican Presidents in the mix ever since China joined the WTO (but hasn’t been a model member as far as implementing market opening).

she is showing up at a court hearing for Cohen tomorrow

Per a WSJ reporter on Twitter, Michael Cohen’s mystery “third client” is Sean Hannity.

Hannity?!??!?

OMG. I’m not sure if any name would be funnier or more schadenfreude-inducing for liberals.

After hearing that, I got so excited that I farted.

(No, not really, but… wow.)

Hannity can get a real lawyer for real lawyering. The only thing he’d need Cohen for is a hush-money deal or something else that’s more in ‘fixer’ territory than ‘lawyer’ territory.

Gotta wonder what. :slight_smile: