Trump Supporters are Flawed People

I don’t recall your post or consciously ignoring you, but I do notice that you are trying to take a potshot at me, so there’s that.

And judging by your posts, I doubt you approached people with no contempt. You expressed contempt and derision for me right there, by implying that I was a hypocrite, for instance.

Empathy happens when you can establish mutual respect, however slight. I generally agree with you on issues, GIGO, and I have tremendous respect for your intelligence and your expertise in climate change (and statistics; you seem to be a monster with statistics), but most of the time your posts are laden with an air of superiority and certainty that many people might find off-putting.

Heck, look at some of this, all from the same thread:

IMO, all of those are condescending, adopt a superior tone and consist of broadly declarative statements designed to shut down discussion. And in some cases, to derogate whoever it was you were responding to.

So no, I don’t think that when you talked to people, you did so with a neutral tone. The evidence I have to go by suggests otherwise, IMO.

It’s a skill. It takes practice; I know.