Trust me, your bitching isn't winning you points with the professor or me

At the age of 34 3/4’s Muldoon’s Squishiness has embarked on a journey towards the acquisition of my 2nd undergraduate degree, this one a BS in radiography. (I’ll actually be able to do something with this degree. :stuck_out_tongue: ) I got my first Bachelors back in 1996, in History. I’m enrolled at the University of Charleston in Charleston West Virginia. Classes started about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

How are things going?

Well… the grading scale for all of the classes that fall with the Radiology major is as follows:

A= 96 - 100
             B= 87 - 95
             C= 79 - 86
             F= 78 and below

Curve??!! What the hell is that??

I have my first big test of the semester tomorrow in my postioning class. We’ve been having quizzes almost every day, and my results have been less then stellar. I’ve talked to the teacher about possible tutoring and I think I’ll talk with her gaain after the test.

Now, there are 15 other people in my radiology class, seven returning students and eight transfers, including myself.

Taking away the 40ish women who hasn’t said more then 4 sentences the whole semester and who sort of sits there in the corner, I’m the oldest person in the class by 12 years.

A bit of culture shock?

Ehh, not reaslly, 'cause I certainly don’t act like I’m 34.

What drives me nuts is the whining and complaining that some of my classmates do. And I mean they say stuff that the teacher hears that I would only say when I was safely back at home.

Look, you can bitch and moan and whine and complain all that you want outside of ear/eye shot of the teacher. That’s not a good thing, hell everyone feels that way sometimes. But doing it in front of the teacher is the equivilent of shooting yourself in the dick to see if it hurts. If you have a problem with the way the teacher does things, you should go see them after class or during office hours and treat them with respect. They have definitely earned it.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten how scrumptiously HOT 19 year old coeds are.:smiley: :smiley:

Yikes.

Wanna see my grade scale for graduate Economics?

A=92-100
B=75-91
C=60-74
F=0-59

Wow, I couldn’t believe that scale.

here’s the one I use:

90-100 = A
80-89 = B
70-79 = C
60-69 = D
0-59 = F

This is for English comp. and other Eng. classes.

That was a mighty narrow range for an “A” in radiography.

Yeah it is.:smiley: I should clarify that that grading scale applies to all of the degree progarms in the health science field. On the one hand it’s a bitch because there is so little room to fuck up, rather, it is much easier to fuck yourself up gradewise. On the other hand I can understand why the grading scale is that tough; UC wants it’s radiography students to be the best that they can be, and having a scale like that one will weed out some people.

I love all my classes wuvs the 10 point scale this semester.