Trying to find pricing info for two particular whiskys

I’m thinking of parting with a couple of bottle of whiskys I’ve held on to since the early 2000’s. One is a 21-year-old Glenfiddich in a Wedgewood decanter. The other is I.W. Harper President’s Reserve.

I was introduced to someone who lives in the USA and has an interest in buying them, or trading for some wine in his collection. I have an idea of what their values are in Japan, but cannot find anything related to pricing in the USA. I don’t know if the Glenfiddich was ever released state-side but the Harper’s bourbon should have been. Still, I can’t seem to find any info on them. If anyone has a ball-park figure for what these whiskys would be worth in US dollars, I would like to hear your input. Thanks!

Wow, no one has heard of these whiskys? I didn’t think they were that rare…

Just remember, that 21 yo whiskey is now 22 years old. How you price it, I have no idea.

Well, whisky does not age like wine does after it’s been bottled so it’s not a matter of increasing its value through cellaring. Both of these whiskys were limited productions and released in the late 1980’s, (but I bought them much later in 2002). And they can’t be that rare because both can be purchased online, but not in the USA it seems. I know there are many whisky afficionados on this board and I thought there would be someone who would have an idea with their market price in the US.

For the scotch perhaps $920?
from here

My understanding is that I.W. Harper stopped being sold in the US in the early 1980s after it took off in Japan.

Interesting, I didn’t know that. I’m not a regular Bourbon drinker so I can’t say with certainty how popular I.W. Harper still is in Japan, but it’s not a brand that you normally see in a local liquor shop. But I do know it’s made in the USA and imported to Japan. The President’s Reserve was released in 1989 to commemorate the 200th anniversary of both the birth of Bourbon whiskey and Lincoln’s presidential inauguration. I can’t imagine this wasn’t sold in the USA.

Wouldn’t that be Washington’s inauguration in 1789?

I suspect you may have just overlooked it as it’s extremely popular and distributed by Kirin. I’d expect to see it at any decent liquor store.

(I don’t drink Bourbon either, but it came onto my radar as it was the go-to-drink of a good Japanese friend.)

Right you are! Off by a century:smack: