TubaDiva: Officially No Longer Humble

:frowning:

It was nice while it lasted. :smiley:

Your imagination. Sorry, I can’t be bothered to get my head around the idea of sucking up to someone that I don’t know and will never have any substantial interaction with any more than I can be bothered with this pissing match.

Yet you are part of this pissing match; or is this some kind of Captain Kirk-style effort to cause Dark Side of the Floyd to short-circuit?

I always thought **Tubadiva ** had the “humble” in her sig for the sake of humorous contradictory irony.

You know, like if **Diogenes ** called himself “trusting” and **Eve ** called herself “rustic.”

You can never be sure your post will be the second one, another might sneak in before your post is submitted. Without a quote, it may look like you are responding to the one that sneaks in. I agree that often quoting the whole post is unnecessary, though.

Hear, hear!

Regards,
Shodan

Please, take a card at random from this perfectly normal Bicycle deck…don’t let me see what it is…

Irony … or Sarcasm? :dubious:

You decide!

Auntie Em says that I can bake a tasty French apple pie. (With cream cheese topping.)

Or Lib called himself… nm.

What, like me calling myself ‘the feminine, catsix’.

Yes. Not because our leaders merit forgiveness per se, but because otherwise you are destined to be the old hag in the neighborhood who won’t return balls thrown in your yard because you’re still stewing over the fact that Bill Clinton got a hummer from Monica Lewinsky. Unless you’re (Hillary Clinton, the alleged paedophilic poster), you don’t have a greyhound in this race. So let it go already.

No, we accept that the matter has been dealt with by the appropriate authorities in the manner they have deemed fit. Working myself up into a frenzy over something I have absolutely no standing in, or control over, is a fruitless venture and ergo a waste of my time and energy.

What can I say? Time flies when you’re having fun. You should try it sometime.

Wait a minute…

Hillary Clinton not only posted here, but was a pedophile too?!? Jesus, the things you learn from this board!

So, just to clarify, you’re of the opinion that anything illegal that happens in this neighborhood (SDMB board) is okay, and as long as it isn’t you it’s happening to, we should ignore it?

(It wasn’t this thread in which the definition of ‘disngenuous’ was discussed, was it? Didn’t think so.)

Feydeau, I would be of the opinion that if something illegal happens here on the SDMB, it should be reported to the appropriate authorities and tried in a court of law. Did anyone ever report TubaDiva? If not, why not? My guess is because they would have found no prosecutable case, but then I’m no lawyer and I’m not going to sit here and play Parse That Statute.

That’s just one of the things about her reasoning that make no sense. I guess we shouldn’t worry about anything as long as it isn’t personally OUR problem.

Also, I guess once six or eight months have passed by we shouldn’t let someone’s past fuckups taint our opinions of things. No WMDs although Bush said there were? Ooops, sorry Iraq but we’re going to forget all about it. Shit, 9-11 was 4 years ago, let it go… you’ll be less bitter! Now, before anyone jumps in, I realize Tuba’s stupid fuckup wasn’t that monumental but someone in charge doing something deliberate and shady is wrong if it was today or a year ago. It shows a fundamental flaw in her character and that of those who keep her around here in the same capacity as she was before. It shows they don’t really give a fuck. Ed gave his song and dance when Lynn wanted to be a big shot tell everyone that Aldebaran (sp?) wasn’t in the Middle East knowing full well she was using her Admin abilities to do something against the rules of the messageboard. He said steps were in place to be sure that kind of thing doesn’t happen again and then your humble TubaDiva decided she had to outdo Lynn and do something worse. Obviously his steps to protect privacy are working like a charm. :rolleyes:

Now, do I sit and rub my hands together and bemoan the Tuba situation daily? Nope. But I hate to break it to Lisa but this is THE PIT and she is being PITTED so this is the place to state such character issues regardless of whether they occured today or EONS ago like the beginning of this year.

The situation has been dealt with as the appropriate authorities saw fit. Tuba Diva does a job that none of the people bitching about her know how or are willing to do. If you’re still steamed about the way it was handled, take your ball & go home, or let your account expire. I, for one, am tired of the whining

I, for one, give nary a fuck what you think.

Are you going to go into all the Bush hating threads and tell those people to move to Canada if they don’t like his mistakes? If you don’t like a decision made by the company you work for you should just leave? Taking issue with the way a community is run is a right we all have. You have the right to love TubaDiva and I have the right to think she’s a fuckup. I pay to be part of this community, and you pay to be part of this community. To simply say if you don’t like it, then leave is childish at best.

“It happened so long ago” (eight or nine months) or “If it didn’t happen to you, why do you care” or “If you don’t like it leave” are asinine answers to an honest complaint. Take those very defenses and apply it to any other issue (problems in your city/state, problems at your place of employment, trouble with your marriage) and see if it holds any water there. Just because this is the internet, doesn’t mean this community we participate in shouldn’t be a place where logic stands.

I’m not trying to convince you or anyone else to change your feelings for her. Your right to feel how you feel. I’m simply saying (in a pitting of her) that this is just one of many instances in the last year which have caused long time members to leave. Sweeping everything under the rug isn’t a way to deal with anything.

Don’t put words in my mouth. I said alleged pedophile. :smiley:

Of course, the matter that you seem most concerned with was NOT “swept under the rug.” YMMV.