Tuckerfan - How bored are you?

I get pretty excited when I read the news sometimes. Often a story will jump out at me as being pretty cool or interesting, and I’ll come to the Dope to see if someone has started a thread. More often than not, someone has, and a lively discussion (occasionally) ensues.

However, I really can’t see a reason for this:

2:42pm: “Oh, nifty. Somebody found a way to determine the age of the universe. I know, I’ll post a thread with a one-line linkand a quote from the article.”

2:51pm: “Oh, look! Another article about space! I know, I’ll post a thread with a one-line linkand a quote from the article.”

2:57pm: “Holy Cow!! I read another news article! I know, I’ll post a thread with a one-line link and a quote from the article.”

3:00pm: “Great Googly Moogly!! Something else has been discovered and I read about it!! I know, I’ll post a thread with a one-line link and a quote from the article.”

3:06pm: “Great Galloping Monkey Turds!!! I read another story! And this one’s about space!!! I know, I’ll post a thread with a one-line linkand a quote from the article.”

Give it a break, Reuters boy. You’re not a news service, and I don’t think the board needs constant news updates every time you read something. Why don’t you try reading the news, then decide what you thought was really cool, then post a thread about it that actually gives an opinion about the subject?

Hey, look: NASA sets July 13 launch date for space shuttle

Just thought I’d share. :smiley:

They’re not exactly knocking down the doors to reply to those threads, are they?

I got nothin’ to add here. Hell, I don’t care how many threads get started by any one doper in any one day. However, Great Galloping Monkey Turds shall become part of my vernacular from hence forward.

I like Tuckerfan’s posts. It keeps me from having to read my Space.com e-mails.

I also like Tuckers posts. He’s got a good eye for the really cool stuff.

Yeah, another anti-pitter here. I too enjoy his posts.

What the f do you care what he posts? He paid his money, the mods aren’t angry at him, so he can do what he wants.

No one makes you look.

Why do so many twats feel the need to complain about there being something they are not interested in? Just don’t read what you aren’t interested in, 'tool.

Oh, there’s a huge amount of TV shows I don’t care about! I’m going to complain to the TV station!

Idiot.

OMG someone is spending time to start potentially interesting and informative threads on the Straight Dope, the horror the horror. Quick lads get the pitch forks and tortches we got a monster to slay.

Maybe he could start a single daily or weekly “Tuckerfan’s Spiffy News” thread and post his articles in that: Everybody could be happy. Tuckerfan gets to post all the news stories he wants, and people who don’t like 5 similiar threads cluttering up the front page of MPSIM’s won’t see 5 similiar threads cluttering up the front page of MPSIM’s.

Not that I care; I’m not really a MPSIM’er.

Tuck’s space posts are fine by me. I wouldn’t hear about half that stuff without 'em.

Look, I’ve got nothing against Tuckerfan. I also enjoy his posts, I just thought 5 new threads over 20 minutes was a bit excessive, and I wished he had something to say other than a one line toss off and a quote. I would rather see one thread with an opinion than five news blurbs.

Perhaps this pitting is uncalled for, but it annoyed me, and here we are.

I don’t spend much (any) time in MPSIMS, but is there an etiquette there to add some commentary and not just post links?

Then why the fuck are you telling other people what to do there?

Asshole.

Who’s more bored: the guy who starts five threads in 20 minutes or the guy who pits the guy who starts five threads in 20 minutes?

Where did I tell other people what to do there? I made a suggestion, which is an entirely different thing then telling people what to do.

Vapid, shit-eating cunt.

For one thing, because this has become a MPSIMS thread, and rightly so.

QFT.

The guy who responds to the guy who Pits the guy who starts 5 threads in 20 minutes.

Another vote for Tfan. Me likum his threads.