tuphelm grdlpumph

[biu] tuphelm grdlpumph [/b/i/u]
[b[i tuphelm grdlpumph **/i]/u]

And a hearty “asdfsad kjfdslk” back at you, my good fellow.

SSADSAFSGER! SEREWREDS! Angrily make love to the tuna-fish! Swedish maniacs will perform base-twenty arithmetic on your genetalia! Nonstandard sockets shall haunt you to the end of your days! Perpetually forget to SDERWERES! REGSFASDASS!

I’ve always loved tuphelm.

Each tag has to be enclosed in its own brackets {b}{u}{i}frugnutz bimwhackle{/i}{/u}{/b}. I don’t know if the close tag order must be reverse of the open tag order. It doesn’t have to be in HTML, but does in XHTML.

Lets check:
reverse order (this is the baseline)
blospork jismsplat

Now, same order (this is the test)
fartenstinken poopenrotten

Now, let’s see how this renders with a “preview”.

The order of close tags does not matter. (of course, not all possible order combinations were tested.)
[sub]No tags were harmed in the testing of this code.[/sub]

Yeah, vBulletin simply substitutes html tags in place of vb tags.

Gee, sure hope he’s not sitting at his keyboard having a stroke or anything, turning to his colleagues at the Straight Dope for help…

“What’s that, Lassie? Timmy’s fallen down the well and needs insulin?”

And a hearty tuba player to you, too.

Sheesh. You kids today don’t recognize the classics anymore.

Man! I was just going to say that!

Kids, can you all say “Public Servant?”

jarbaby

“bozo”

:smiley:

Oh, and while we’re at it:

Pear Pimples for Hairy Fishnuts.

And how does one get the superscript TM to appear in vB code?

A boy and his penguin!

A penguin and his boy!

Two dips and a dad!

ok. i’m done

Dogsbody, do you mean as in Rapa[sup]TM[/sup] Scrapple? Easy! Hit the quote (as in “reply with quote”) button at the bottom of my post and the magic code will be revealed.

If, instead you mean the TM in a circle character, you need to use the HTMS character code for it. I don’t recall what the code is and my HTML book is at home.

AHA! THe Miracle[sup]TM[/sup] is revealed at last.

BwaHaHa.

:wink:

“Well, I for one am just full-bore gonzo confused.”

jarbaby, you’re so cool. So’s Spritle

Oh, you mean like ™ this (as opposed to [sup]TM[/sup] this? If that’s what you want, it’s easier to just use charmap (or the Macintosh equivalent) to search up the character. If you try to do it using the HTML sequence, then you end up having to preview to make it work: Each preview contracts the character codes once.