I went over to the site of Fox radio host Tom Sullivan, (Olbermann made him Worst Person in the World, so I wanted to look), an the site was hacked by Turkish nationalists.
I knew that islamic Fundies were on the rise in Turkey, but I didn’t know that they’d made Armenian genocide-denial part of their mission (perhaps to embrace secular Turk genocide-deniers?)
[QUOTE=Paul in Saudi]
I went over to the site of Fox radio host Tom Sullivan, (Olbermann made him Worst Person in the World, so I wanted to look), an the site was hacked by Turkish nationalists.
I presume Fox will fix it in a few minutes.
I have never seen this IRL before.
[/QUOTE]
Prety cool. The music is still playing on my computer. Hope it ain’t a virus.
[QUOTE=Slithy Tove]
I knew that islamic Fundies were on the rise in Turkey, but I didn’t know that they’d made Armenian genocide-denial part of their mission (perhaps to embrace secular Turk genocide-deniers?)
[/QUOTE]
They’re not fundies, AFAIK, they’re socialist nationalists.
Heh … freaky. It’s still up. It reads (and looks) like a foreign conspiracy theorist’s manifesto – no threats of violence, just computer hacks and general nutjobbery. ARMENIAN GENOCIDE IS A LIE!!! THE TIME CUBE SAYS SO, YOU ARE ALL STUPID!!!
[QUOTE=jjimm]
Is that Ataturk on the crest?
[/QUOTE]
It is. I was in Instanbul in November, and they have a bit of a cult of personality going with regards to him. We saw his portrait everywhere we went. Shops, museums, etc.
They must have fixed it. The link in the OP still comes up with the Turkish hackers’ site, but when I Google Tom Sullivan, I get his home page on the Fox website.
[QUOTE=Not Dr. Seuss]
Behold, the Turks have hacked our Fox!
The IT guys just blacked the box.
Let’s hand it to those crazy fundies
Up all night typing, in their undies,
They’ve struck a blow! They should be men of pride;
Too bad they’re lying about genocide.
[/QUOTE]