Turning the tables on an email scammer

heh-heh. This won’t work, but on the off chance that it does, I’ll be going to Disneyland.

The email I got:

And now, we wait…(templing fingers at chin)

You might have a long wait. But if otherwise, don’t give 'em any of your bank info, no matter what.

I always answer announcements about how I have won the foreign lottery by saying “And people said I was crazy using my welfare money to buy tickets in foreign lotteries.” I’ve yet to hear back from any of them.

Here are some people you should get to know, if you haven’t done so already:

www.ebolamonkeyman.com

:stuck_out_tongue:

They’re better at this then you are.

True…but perhaps, just perhaps I can lure them with the hopes of making the…heh-heh…“investment” in order to make more money!

Of course, they won’t respond. I don’t expect them to, and I most certainly don’t expect them to fall for my reverse-scam. It’s just a fun little thing to do when work is slow. And in the one-in-a-gajillion chance that they do fall for it, I’ll make some money.

I don’t think you’ll get the 11 large, but one guy in England did manage to get a Nigerian scammer to make and send him a carved wooden Wallace and Grommit. They were quite cute. And a ZX Spectrum.

Our very own Mangetout strung one of these guys along for a rather long time.

Wooden Wallace and Grommit and it was a Commodore 64 not a Spectrum. They’re so cute I actually feel sorry for the scammer - or the poor bastard the scammer got to carve them for him.

I do this every time, but gosh darn it, hawthorne got a bottle of wine out of it, so dammit, I’m sharing:

My e-mail scammer story

I’m confused. If hawthorne got the wine, why are you sharing it? Did he send it to you? :stuck_out_tongue: