TV/movie characters who would not get along

Al Bundy and Jay Pritchett

Frasier and Charlie Harper (from 2 and a half men).

Almost any John Wayne character and Fran Drescher (Fran Fine on the Nanny) wouldn’t be a good match although I would love to watch it.

Ugh. I think you could pair her up with anyone and it would be a bad match.

Maybe not Don Draper, but John Wayne did in a season 3 episode.

How about Hawkeye Pierce and Gregory House? Or Charles Emerson Winchester and Gregory House?

Actually, no one really gets along with Gregory House.

The Addams Family & the Munsters.

Herman was blue collar & a working man.
Gomez was Idle Rich.

Deep divide.

Eddie was a little punk, compared to the well-behaved Pugsly & Wednesday.
Grandpa & Uncle Fester might have found common ground, as hobbyists shall.
But Morticia & Lily? Even odds on a cat-fight.

Sam The Butcher (Alice’s boyfriend in The Brady Bunch) and Arnold Ziffel.

This whole post is Genius, but that last line just makes me horny. :stuck_out_tongue:

Monk and Shawn Spencer from Psych.

Gizmo from Gremlins and Zan from the Wonder Twins.

KITT and Jerry Van Dike’s mother.

Milburn Drysdale and John Beresford Tipton, Jr.

Spongebob Squarepants and Elaine Benes.

Alf and Catwoman.

Slim Goodbody and Robbie Rotten.

Captain Kangaroo and the Aboriginal kid from Walkabout.

Xi from The Gods Must Be Crazy and Surly Duff.

Hank Hill and Johnny Storm.

Pinkie Pie and Spock.

Pinocchio and Woody Woodpecker.

Darkwing Duck and Snidely Whiplash.

Brenda Leigh Johnson and Walter White.

Amy Pond and Cartman.

Hm. Would Jake and the Batman get along?

Gordon Ramsey and Lamb Chop

I remember scenes where Lily’s gown looked ready to fall off… :eek:

Considering that the department that Holmes consults for (Major Case) is the same squad in Criminal Intent, I’d love to see Goren and Holmes together. And then have Mr. Monk In New York also get involved.

I mean, since Goren is sort of Holmes anyway - the super observational detective with the vast knowledge base. If you brought in Darryl Zero, House, Sean Spencer, Columbo, and Monk, I think they would all hate every other person in the group and think they were insufferable. And they’d be right!

Meanwhile, Castle would solve the case.

I disagree. I think Sheldon Cooper and Spock would make a great team. I’m fairly certain slash fan fiction already exists about this.

Ted Baxter and Oscar Madison

The main characters in Return Of The Living Dead would never hang out together IRL.

Joe Friday and Frank Drebin.

Disagreed, strongly. Sheldon considers himself Spock-like, but he’s really highly emotional and irrational.

Spock would treat Sheldon with the same subtly condescending tolerance he does all other humans, while shutting down his insistence on doing things His Way.

Meanwhile, Sheldon would get increasingly indignant that Spock doesn’t consider his quirks and neuroses to be obviously logical.

In in!

My vote is House and Jess from New Girl.

I doubt the various Sherlocks Holmes could deal with each other, being, to various extents, arrogant and blunt, or even straight up assholish. I suspect if they were forced to work together, a gun would be pulled before too long. Probably by the Cumberbatch version.