TV Shows That Should Be Remade

The Greatest American Hero, except instead of just one, have there be several people who get powers & suits. Kind of like Misfits, only with higher power levels.

There currently is a remake of Match Game on The Comedy Network in Canada, currently airing its second season. You might not recognize most of the panelists, but it’s fun in a lowbrow kind of way.

Of course Colin Mochrie is on the panel! I think he’s in 90% of all original Canadian programming from the past 15 years. :wink:

That wouldn’t help. Or help enough, anyway. Even if the actors aren’t a problem, the network will be- and no, it doesn’t matter which network. Besides, Andreas Katsulas is still dead, and how can you have G’kar without him?

My vote goes to The Prisoner. Think of all the new interesting things you could do with the premise, given the shifts in geopolitics and technology. And think of the bizarrity you could end it with, given the advances in the fields psychotropic drugs and David Lynch.

Already been done.

There was also talk about a remake starring Josh Holloway as Jim Rockford.

Don’t get me wrong - I like Nathan Fillion, Josh Holloway, and Dermot Mulroney. But I’m not seeing any of them as Jim Rockford.

Fillion would make a good Bret Maverick though.

I think that it has been long enough to consider a Breaking Bad remake.

Well, hoy es tu día de suerte.

AIUI, there was a Canadian sitcom (don’t know which show) where one of the characters complained how Colin Mochrie was appearing in everything, and as he said it Colin walked past in the background.

I don’t think the major problem was the actors, though that did cause some issues. The major problem was never knowing if they’d get a 5th season until too late, forcing a rush to conclusion in season four, and then a filler season five because…hey, we got paid to make this. IF you could start with a firm commitment to a full 5 seasons, you could pace the story the way it should have been done originally. Locking in the actors would be a bonus.

This time could we lease keep the writers off acid so it at least makes a modicum of sense?

I vote for Columbo. I loved that show. I’m picturing Joe Pesci as Columbo

Yeah, that was on Corner Gas. Though for the record, he’s done very few episodes of the Match Game remake.

Yeah, I should have said, “actors, and the network suits”. “War of the Telepaths” was never going to be a great storyline, but it would have been much better if the station commander and the telepath had been played by the same actresses from the pilot through the fifth season.

Babylon 5.

The Sandbaggers.

Dungeons and Dragons – I’d be fine with taking it from animation to live action.

Twin Peaks.