TV shows that went on a trip

Family Guy had an episode or two where the family had to go into the Witness Protection program. They went down to some southern state.

The episode has one of my favorite dialogues from the show: they walk into the broken-down, old shack that is their safe house, and Lois says, “What’s that smell?” To which Brian replies, “It’s either bad meat or good cheese.”

Laverne and Shirley also visited New York. Lenny and Squiggy were keen to go see where King Kong died.

They went to Rock Vegas, where Fred gambled away all of their money on a slot machine. They also went to the states of Texarock and Arkanstone; the latter is where their sworn enemies, the Hatrocks, live. There was also an animated movie where they pretty much toured Europe.

No, it was The Honeymooners, but the later version (when it was a sketch on The Jackie Gleason Show), with Sheila MacRae as Alice.

Home Improvement went on a camping trip to somewhere in Michigan (yes, the show is set in Detroit, but IIRC, the cast actually went to Michigan to film it).

Didn’t Taxi have somebody (I want to say Alex) go on a tour of Europe, albeit one that consisted of stock jet plane footage and scenes clearly recorded on the show’s usual stage?

The Odd Couple went to Miami when Oscar won a racing greyhound in a poker game.

On Frasier, Martin and Niles took a road trip to Canada in Martin’s Winnebago.

It was Texas, and they also winded up in Ohio Amish Country in another episode.

Yep,… Kansas City ≠ Cincinnati… got it

Alex and Elaine Nardo went to Europe together, platonically.

In your face, Space Coyote!

In Friends, the gang visited England foor one of Ross’s weddings, and some Caribbean island paradise to accompany Ros to an anthropology conference.

Also Las Vegas.

Arrested Development went to Iraq. Also spent a lot of time in Wee Britain.

Route 66

The Winchesters are always on the road in Supernatural. They’ve also visited Heaven, Hell, Purgatory & various alternate realities.

In one, the brothers discovered they were actors with the obviously fictional names of Jared Padalecki & Jensen Ackles, working on a TV series based on their real lives. Set in Vancouver–where, of course,* Supernatural* is made…

The Halliwell sisters visited Salem on Charmed too. Of course, they visited the Salem of 1692 and are nearly executed themselves.

I’m guessing that like the Winchester brothers, Mulder and Scully visiting nearly every state in the country to investigate X-Files doesn’t count? Frank Black on Millennium got around too for pretty much the same reasons, even visiting Mulder and Scully in DC.

What about crossover episodes between shows set in other places? Without a Trace and CSI (Vegas) or CSI and CSI: Miami, or Law and Order: SUV and Chicago PD, and things like that? There are a fair few like that, but they’re work rather than fun trips.

The Odd Couple went to some unspecified Spanish-speaking country where Felix sang calypso in a bar.

I’d bet a hundred shows went to Mexico in the '60s and '70s.

Actually, it’s a huge pain in the ass for the animators to create an episode in which they travel, or otherwise takes place in an unfamiliar setting. For example.

It wasn’t entirely platonic…IIRC, the final scene of the episode heavily implied that they got physical on their final night on the continent (and just never spoke of it again.)

On “Happy Days”, everyone on the show took a three-episode vacation to Hollywood among other places. (I think someone went water-skiing, and wasn’t there something about a shark?)

“Eight is Enough” went to Hawaii. They also all went to San Francisco.

“The Love Boat”. 'Nuff said.

They also went to the UK and Mexico.

Monk also went to Mexico, as well as New York.

MacMillan & Wife went to Scotland.

Columbo went to London, Mexico, and on a ocean cruise (also ending up in Mexico).

He also solved a mystery on an airplane, the time his assistant tricked him onto the plane.