TV shows that went on a trip

The second season of Wonder Woman moved from the early 1940s to the late 1970s (and from ABC to CBS).

They also went to a ghost town and got locked in the jail.

Psych went to Vancouver once, but since it was always filmed there and not in Santa Barbara where it was set, that might not count.

England too.

Currently going thru Scrubs as our nightly sitcom.

Two big trips that I recall. One to Seattle and another to the Bahamas (a two-parter). Not a chance that either was filmed anywhere near said locations.

Lesser trips to Las Vegas at least once and to a convention in Phoenix. There were some Vegas exterior shots plus a Blue Man Group thing, so maybe that one did some real filming there.

I thought about that show, but I thought of the ep where Andy is trying to do his bucket list. He makes the “best grilled cheese sandwich” He holds a thousand dollars. Other things are going on in the ep, but it ends with Andy and April at the Grand Canyon. *

And he turns to April and says “Where are the big heads?”

It makes me crack up every single time I come across that episode.

*If you haven’t been to the Grand Canyon, please go. B/c omg, I’ve been twice and each time my mind went BOOM EXPLOSION i CANT TAKE IT

Two and a Half Men has gone to Vegas several times. The fun thing is that they always used a wide-angle shot of the Strip that was seriously out of date when the show was filmed, much less now. If they were going to that Vegas they were going back in time a decade.

Grand Canyon = big hole in the ground. Just sayin’.

They were in the area. I remember Fred and Barney looking down on a tiny stream of water and Fred saying “They say that in the future this will be in a canyon and be grand.” Or something along those lines.

They also road tripped to “Dual Spires” in a spoof of “Twin Peaks.”

And in the series finale, several of the main characters move to San Francisco. I have no idea where the scenes were filmed!

I believe The Honeymooners took a European vacation. Did they win a contest? Or am I conflating that memory with I Love Lucy?

Cheers went to Hollywood once.

Didn’t the cast go to NYC on one of the later incarnations? I think it was Mayberry RFD.

The Simpsons are going to Delaware! . . . This’ll be the last season.

The best by far was Homer eating the Guatamalan Insanity Pepper.

Also The Fugitive.

That was the king of the endlessly traveling shows. Ben Gazzarra was in Run For Your Life at around the same time, but nothing had a grip on the country like the Fugitive. The final episode was the first blockbuster ending to a series I can think of, breaking the ratings record at the time. That record wasn’t beaten for a regular series until the final episode of MASH.

In addition to the beach resort arc, they also went to Hawaii, spent a year at college, then went to Vegas for a wedding.

Facts of Life also went to Australia.

Meanwhile Family Ties went to England.

For a few years there, NBC sure had a weird thing about TV movies where their sitcom characters had not very sitcommy adventures in foreign lands.

While not in that same vein, Different Strokes went to Hollywood once, I mainly remember Arnold and maybe the little ginger kid talking to KITT from Knight Rider there.
Batman (Adam West version) once went across the pond to “Londinium”

The Bradys also went to to Kansas City, to visit an Amusement Park
The Happys Days gang went to a Dude Ranch, also seems like someone on Happy Days jumped something in Hollywood

King’s Island is in Ohio.

SVU did an episode where the defendant fled to Canada and Alex Cabot ended up arguing the extradition herself in an Ontario courtroom (complete with barrister’s robes).

Nitpick; the hospital was near the border, but not actually in Mexico. Mitch & Cam also went to Missouri in one episode.

Other “endlessly traveling” shows included Wagon Train (a partial inspiration for Star Trek) and Rawhide.

In Have Gun - Will Travel Paladin traveled in every episode, but he had a base at the Carlton Hotel in San Francisco.

I was wondering if anyone would get to the Bradys at King’s Island before I did.

The Bundys also went to Lower Uncton, England.