Twilight Zone episodes that would make good full length movies.

Is it just me or would It’s a Good Life(the one about the young boy being able to do anything he wants by just thinking it) make a really good movie?

What other Zone episodes do you think would be adaptable to the big screen in full versions?

Well, a version of “It’s a good life” did make it into the Twilight Zone movie Landis made, but they changed a number of things, including the ending.

I’ve always liked “The Oddessy of Flight 33”

Well, a version of “It’s a good life” did make it into the Twilight Zone movie Landis made, but they changed a number of things, including the ending.

I’ve always like “The Oddessy of Flight 33”

My suggestion would be “The Monsters are Due on Maple Street”

I always thought of the movie “Needful Things” to be a version of “The Monsters are Due on Maple Street”.

In one sense of the word, most of the eps could have been saddled with a couple more characters and a couple more subplots to make them into movies, but the OP did say “good” movies.

I think the master Richard Matheson could have easily expanded “Nightmare At 20,000 Feet” into a 90-minute telefilm without having to pad it needlessly.

Sir Rhosis

I think what made the episode’s work was their economy. The 1/2 teleplays always worked better than the full hour episodes. They were tight story telling that allowed for the right punch of the twist ending.

To make any into a movie would require needless padding and more red herrings to make the endings work. I can’t think of a single episode where I thought they needed to add more to make it better.

Is it fair to say the movie Child’s Play is like an extension of the *Talking Tina *episode?

The one about the Genie granting wishes to a poor shopkeeper. Add another 5 wishes, and it’s movie length.

was there an episode about a guy who’s convicted of a crime and his punishment is that he’s branded on his forehead and the brand makes him essentially excommunicated (talking to him is a crime, etc etc)?

it’s the only episode i’ve seen, assuming it’s even twilight zone.

Yes, it’s a Zone episode but from the 1985 season (I dont remember the title of that episode, though).

I think it was called The Invisible Man

To See The Invisible Man, based on the short story by Robert Silverberg. Pretty decent ep for the 85 series.

Sir Rhosis