Twin Peaks Episode 13 (Open Spoilers)

I don’t think he’s doing anything to make her believe that or making things up. Similar to your idea, she’s interpreting real events/conversations in her own way. So maybe he was on the phone about a family reunion or something and Audrey interpreted it to be about something else. But we do have the dialog about the contract and ending her story. Those things sound like soap opera business talk to me and why I think she thinks she’s a soap actress. We’re probably both wrong.

Follow The Ring

I’d like to know what’s up with the ring(s). It has the same design as the playing card and the thing on Hawk’s map, except the card and map have round bodies and the ring has a parallelogram body. I always thought it represented an owl.

In FWWM, Theresa Banks was wearing the ring in a photo. If I remember right, the ring was found on a mound of dirt under a trailer (Theresa’s or Mrs. Chalfont’s) in the original Fat Trout Trailer Park by Agent Chester Desmond. Desmond disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again. I don’t remember ever seeing Theresa Banks in the black lodge or anywhere else besides the photo and the examining table. Maybe in a flashback in FWWM with Leland. Did Leland give her the ring?

BOB tried to get Laura to take the ring but she wouldn’t take it, right? Or did she end up taking the ring in FWWM? I need to watch FWWM again. Laura’s in the lodge.

Something somewhere, I think in that Missing Pieces thing I haven’t seen, says (Evil) Cooper went to the ICU at Calhoun Memorial in order to get the ring back from Annie. So apparently Annie had the ring at some point that night. She was in the lodge for a bit.

Dougie was wearing the ring before he was “replaced” by Cooper. In the red room, his body turns to smoke and a gold ball, and the ring falls off. Mike puts the ring on the shell table. Did Mister C. manufacture Dougie with the ring and he wore it his whole existence? He mentioned his arm going numb just before the switch, same as Theresa Banks’ arm went numb.

In Ep. 13, Ray had the ring in his pocket. Did he say he got it from Jeffries? Mister C. makes him put it on his left ring finger, then shoots him. Ray goes to the red room.

Is this all the same ring being held by all these people? I think Mister C. is going to have to don the ring before he can be killed.

The keeper of the ring seems to be Mike, so he’s likely the one who gave it to Teresa.

My best guess is that Mike and the Tremonds used Teresa as their garmonbozia factory. The ring prevented Bob from possessing her and taking all that yummy pain and suffering.

No, that’s the last thing he wanted. Bob was obsessed with possessing Laura, but she fought him. The ring prevented him from possessing her, so he had to kill her.

The Missing Pieces show Annie returning from the Lodges. She’s wearing the ring. From her hospital bed, she stares blankly into space and recites the lines she said to Laura in FWWM about Good Dale is in the Lodge and so on. Then a nurse steals the ring.

EvilCoop was mentioned being seen in the ICU by Doc Hayward in the new series. We don’t know why he was there. Maybe for the ring, maybe for Audrey (who was in a coma at the time), or maybe for some other reason.

Could be. That whole bit’s confusing.

From a guard he’d never seen before. Mike, I’m assuming.

Thanks for clarifying all that!

Are they all the same ring? The one the “real” Dougie took to the Black Lodge is the same one Evil Coop put on Ray? And is that ring the same as the one inscribed “To Dougie, love Janey-E” found in Major Briggs’s stomach?

I don’t know if the Dougie and Ray (and all the other) rings are the same ring or not. It is (or they are) a special ring with a green stone and a carved glyph. It looks similar to the glyph on the playing card and on Hawk’s map (you don’t wanna know about that).

The inscribed ring from Briggs’ stomach is just a garden variety inscribed wedding ring, as far as I know.

Good news, everybody! Cooper gets his mind back in part 15. I know this because Eddie Vedder spilled the beans in his latest chart-smashing sensation “Cooper Gets His Mind Back in Part 15”.

I want to get in a conga line with Candy, Mandy, and Sandy.

Evil Cooper is one strong dude, going from a near-fall to neutral a few times before breaking his opponent’s arm and killing him with a punch in the face.

My theory is that Audrey really isn’t married to that dwarf, this is all some therapy session.

Despite all the lighting and special effects, that outdoor gym set doesn’t have a lot to it.

I don’t know who the girl is getting teary over James’ singing, but I want to see more of her.

Disappointed that Norma seems to be having a thing with that corporate dude. Poor Big Ed.

Ongoing mysteries: The itchy armpit girl and the noise at the Great Northern.

The sick girl in the car.

Is there something going on with Sarah Palmer beyond grief and alcoholism?

Are Ed and Nadine still married?

Is Run Silent, Run Drapes a profitable enterprise, or a hope fueled money pit? Something is causing Nadine’s need to dig herself “out of the shit”. Happy successful people don’t usually obsess over talk radio hucksters.

Where’s Stephen?

Where’s Billy?

Who are all these people working with evil-Cooper, and why are they working with him? Is there some end goal beyond killing Dougie? Does evil-Cooper even realize that “Dougie” is no longer Dougie?

Who books the acts at the Bang Bang and did they suddenly lose their mind?

Also, who funded the glass box, and why?

My thought was Evil Cooper who somehow became rich and wanted to keep tabs on anyone getting out of the Black Lodge, particularly Good Cooper.

That’s been more or less my assumption. He wanted it to capture the returning Cooper and then maroon him on that spaceship thingy so that he (evil-Cooper) could remain on Earth. Dougie was the other half of that plan.

Dougie was to be returned (in place of evil-Cooper) and Cooper was to be marooned, leaving evil-Cooper to remain on Earth. Obviously, the plan only half worked so now fulfilling it requires killing Cooper.

I think he became rich selling drugs. Recall the cocaine in his trunk. He may be involved with the smuggling from Canada into TP that has been going on. He may be partnered with the remaining Renault brother.

I thought these threads would only have spoilers for the titled episodes. I don’t want to know spoilers for future episodes.

I don’t think anyone knows anything about future episodes, aside from the people who made the show.

The Eddie Vedder thing is a joke, isn’t it?

I don’t know. I wasn’t going to click on the link and be possibly further spoiled.

Did someone post spoilers for future episodes? I don’t see anything like that in the thread.

Last Sunday, Sky Ticket Germany showed Episode 14 instead of Episode 13, so spoilers from this coming Sunday’s episode abound on the internet.

Late getting here:

Everyone’s pretty much talked about the “Audrey is still in a coma/hallucinating” prediction that I have too, but other than that, the biggest thing that struck me from this week was the spotlight on Sonny Jim. It couldn’t have been an in universe spotlight (where would they have put it? The roof?) so it has to be symbolic. Maddie and Leeland had a spotlight on them, just before he kills her. I suspect that the Hutchens, who have no issue with killing a man in front of his family, will make an attempt on Dougie Coop and miss, killing Sonny Jim.

There’s also been some discussion of scenes being out of order, but instead of it being a plot thing, it’s more of a thematic/emotional thing. So Dougie plays ball with Sonny Jim because we needed a father/son moment for episode twelve hinging on father/son moments, even though it must have happened before episode eleven.

Was it here that people were saying that Andy and Lucy’s overly odd behavior had to do with time breaking down in Twin Peaks and them being particularly vulnerable to that for some reason. I’d throw Sarah Palmer into that mix. Time is definitely broken in her home, and while it’s easy to hang her alcohol/mental problems on her history, I think, you know, the portal to hell in her kitchen isn’t helping things.

I really loved this episode, so much more than last week.

There’s a portal to hell in her kitchen?

Something sounded quite odd when Hawk was at her door. I think Sarah will play a bigger role in all this in the next couple episodes.

I’m already bummed that there’s only 5 to go.

I think there’s a time rift in Twin Peaks heavily centered on her house. Hence someone being in the kitchen, but no one else in there (perhaps what he heard when Hawk was talking with her was her going to the kitchen in this episode), and especially the looping Boxing Match (someone freeze it and tell me if one of those guys was Battling Bud!). Also, again we have an out of order scene - the boxing match was likely the night before Sarah went to the store, because we saw her run out of Vodka (unless she plowed through all three bottles in an evening, which would be impressive for even a severe alcoholic.)

The Portal to Hell thing was just my joking way of saying “something Lodgey.”