Twin Peaks Episode 13 (Open Spoilers)

I’m not sure if this is a joke or real spoiler or what… if it is so, it needs/deserves to be put under a spoiler box.

Knowing nothing about the show, however, I don’t know if it’s a spoiler or joke.

In any case, posting stuff like that that could be spoilers, even if they’re just jokes, have a high chance of being reported as spoilers, so try to think twice before even joking about things coming up.

It’s okay, you guys, it’s just a joke. There is an Eddie Vedder song called “Out of Sand” or something that was (I’m told) written for the show and could be considered a spoiler, though I think it’s just stating thematic links that are already pretty clear, but this isn’t that. It’s just someone’s editing joke.

If so, and if she is Richard’s mother, then she must have given birth while in a coma. Not that Lynch would flinch (sorry) at that.

…Is Audrey’s mother Sylvia the right age to have been the girl who was orally invaded by the winged toad thing in the infamous Episode 8? Because I could see a tie-in with a comatose Audrey giving birth to a baby that was, shall we say, compromised by an alien parasite–one that had moved into Audrey while she was a fetus. There would be a certain symmetry to that.

True enough. Lynch was very careful that nothing that could be dated later than about 1945 appears in those Audrey/Charlie scenes—costumes, settings, and props. Could be that he was so careful just as a means of challenging his audience, or it could be that he was so careful because it’s important to the plot.

Yes, the Eddie Vedder thing is a gag video someone posted. It has audio clips from old Pearl Jam songs that make it sound as if he’s singing “Cooper gets his mind back in part 14” in a Black Lodge cadence.

But it’s not a spoiler, it’s all just for fun. (Had it really been a spoiler, I wouldn’t have posted it.)