Twitching Muscles

I was sitting at home last night watching TV when one of the muscles in my arm starting twitching. I did not think anything of it, this has happened before. About every week or so I will get a muscle that twitches of about 30 seconds until I notice it then it stops. I never thought is was serious I have heard of it happening to other people and it doesn’t move my arm at all, the muscle just twitches under the skin.

Well, last night was different. My left tricep twitched for almost a half hour. I tried moving my arm, It stoped when my arm moved but that then it just kicked up agian. Then latter that night I muscle in my upper thigh went of a few minutes. Just a second ago I had a violet tremor in my left arm and it moved my arm. Then I hod one go off in my inner thigh.

I have well developed muscles, I have been under quite a bit of stress lately, not sleeping enough and not eating enough. I am going to go home to night and load up on multivitamins.

My question is: Does this increase in involuntary muscles activity mean anything? Is it the sign of a larger problem or could it just be I need more of some vitamin?

If it continues I will go to a doctor if I find some time but I was on the boards when I got my last twitch so I posted. Well I hope someone has some answers.

I get the small twitches sometimes; a doctor once told me that it was stress and that I could ignore it.

I think you’ve moved past the ‘ignore it’ stage.

Go to the doctor. There are many serious illnesses this can be caused by. The doctor can also prescribe some type of relaxtant to help you if this is transient.

My first instinct was to say magnesium. Here’s some info along those lines.

http://en.fitness.com/nutrition/database/minerals.htm

Then I saw Phobia’s post. Yes, it’s a good idea to see a doctor.

If you decide to take magnesium, it can have a laxative effect. If it does, take some calcium with it. You may have to experiment to find the right amounts.