Two lights

Damn you, sir, I so wanted to post that.

So I’ll settle for the you tube clip: How many lights? - YouTube

The two lights in my world are Amsel and Coors.

Well, I know there is a Paradise - it’s over by the dashboard light.

I know there is a light - it is of the silvery moon.

There is a soft light thru yonder windows.

of which lights do you speak?

To quote Robert E Howard “There is no light but darkness, no god but evil, no hope but doom.”

Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; Ex Luce Ad Tenebras

“That maniac is trying to run over me! Jesus, take the wheel!”

Well, that is typical of a primitave society, but now we have scientific knowledge that contradicts this: the moon produces no light at all; it just reflects the light from the sun. Yet another error in the ‘inerrant’ Bible.

Telling us… the Antichrist is coming by sea?

Fluorescent and LED.

Satan uses incandescent. The heat, you know.

So you’re claiming that you know better than NASA?

Or perhaps you know better than the astronomers at Cornell University.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/46-our-solar-system/the-moon/observing-the-moon/129-why-do-the-size-and-brightness-of-the-full-moon-change-intermediate

Or perhaps you know better than Neil de Grasse Tyson.

Since you are so much wiser than everybody else, perhaps you can explain how an imaginary light creates shadows.

If this God guy wanted the moon to be a light that ruled the night, why did he make it orbit the planet so that it appears during the day half the time? Another hilarious design flaw.

And don’t get me started on why he’d create something as pointless as Mercury.

OP was obviously referring to Two Lights State Park here in Maine. If you like lobster, The Lobster Shack is the place to be.

Me? I hate lobster. Maybe that’s why I’m an atheist.

Oh, very nice.

:smack:

Do you understand the difference between reflecting light and emitting its own light? I mean, you couldn’t have missed it if you just included the very next paragraph in your Tyson cite. Or, you know, if you thought for a moment about what happens during a new moon.

I think everyone here understands that difference. The point is that there’s nothing in the biblical reference to the moon as “a light” that equates to any kind of claim about the ultimate source of the light received from the moon.

So mocking the biblical reference to the moon as “a light”, just because the moon is not “luminous” in the modern physical sense of “light-emitting”, is rather silly. The moon is in fact a bright object from which we receive light, which appears to be all that the text is saying.

Surely one of them would be the light fantastic?

trippy man -

That would be turtley different.

Your mom has two lights.

Jesus Christ, you’re not coming back, are you?

I’m afraid of the light, Mommy!