Two lights

Come to the light, Carol Anne.

Give him at least 3 days.

I thought it was three steps, mister.

Shhhh… listen… the lights are calling!

Not to mention tha most of the time, it’s only partly lit.

now here, I disagree. It’s quite useful for making thermometers.

Too right!

Mercury was definitely not pointless!!

No, you have it backwards. It’s because you have rejected the Lord that you are cursed to live in the land of plenty’o’lobster yet unable to enjoy its bounty.

For it is written: When Jesus came into the coasts of Maine, he sayeth unto his disciples, upon this rock I will build my Lobster Shack, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And God made two Lights, the greater Light that Man in his hunger might find his way hither, the lesser Light to show the way out of the parking lot at night. But he who hath rejected the Lord shall be denied this bounty; verily, the unbeliever shall be scorned as the equal of one who claims he “forgot his wallet”, and shall be cast into the outer darkness.

Praise the lord and pass the drawn butter!!

That’s the one in the fridge!

Yeah, dammit, I wanted to post that too!

I really wish you had misspelled that as “Godwill”.

I love this one

You mean the big “4” flared up to call the Team?

Flyer, each of those articles you posted links to explains what you want to know. None of them say the moon emits light. That is because the moon only reflects light from our sun and a very tiny amount from other stars.
The cones in our eyes allow us to see colours. At night our cones do not work very well, so distinguishing colours is severely limited.
The moon is not always the same distance from Earth so light intensity varies.

Psilocybins? LSD?

Rowe’s Rule (1939): the odds are 5 to 6 that the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train.

Never tell me the odds…

Depends on how technically picky one wants to get. The moon, like any object not at absolute zero, emits blackbody radiation proportionate to its blackbody temperature, in this case an average of 270.7°K. Humans can’t see this radiation directly and I doubt that’s what the Bible was referring to as the “lesser light”, but still, it’s there.

Apparently it’s this one.

As in nukelar and atomic?

Surely that radiation is just dissipation of heat energy from the sun, though? Or are you saying the Moon actually generates that radiation somehow?

Are you saying that in space, ripening green cheese radiates no smell?

nm

Actually a very small amount of it is probably generated by internal and geological processes such as tidal forces, but most of it does indeed come from solar heating. That’s beside the point, though, because – if one wanted to pursue this particular technicality – the point is that it’s quite different than “reflected sunlight”. It’s in a completely different spectrum and it’s not dependent on anything being reflected. If you observed the moon (or any object) in the right electromagnetic spectrum in total darkness you would see it glowing at its blackbody temperature.

Technically, the moon reradiates the energy. I sponges up radiation from the sun and stars and reradiates its own version. And yes, it is very temperature specific. This is why there is a slight reddish tinge to the light from the moon. Low temp is red, then higher is orange, yellow, white, and then very high temp is blue.
The people that wrote the Bible would not know that, however.