"Two Men Enter, One Man Leaves!" aka 'How to make a suitably dramatic entrance'

The time, the near future, the place ‘The Thunderdome’ in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

The scenario, somehow you’ve managed to get on the wrong side of Auntie Entity and find yourself in a gladatorial fight to the death for the amusement of the watching crowd.

Though just barely scraping an existence in the irradiated hellhole it turns out they also have quite an impressive speaker system, an adequate power-supply and a surprisingly extensive collection of pre-apocalyptic tunes.

As a combatant you’ve been allowed to pick a signature tune to be played as you enter the arena.

So what do you want to be playing as you stride boldly forward to meet your destiny.

My choice: ‘Right Here, Right Now’ by Fatboy Slim…bring it on :smiley:

• please link to a youtube clip of the song if available so we can all hear how you choose to go to face your doom.

** Those of the feminine persuasion feel free to participate, this is an equal-opportunity barbaric wasteland, however “Two Persons Enter, One Person Leaves!” isn’t quite as catchy as the above.

There isn’t a soul on the planet that would fuck with me when I came striding in to this tune. Fuck yeah!

Auntie Entity has a very special place for people like you! :smiley:

I’m going to go the tried-and-true cliché “macho metal dirge” route:

Clutch - Nero’s Fiddle

Well, it’s only appropriate to use Entrance of the Gladiators

Well, Rammstein thought it would be good enough for the Kalitchko brothers, so it would be good enough for me.

So that’s the name of that music! How did it come to be a signature circus tune?

Wouldn’t you have to wear a clown suit when you enter?

As much as I hate Sylvester Stallone and dislike boxing, I have to admit the original Rocky theme would be a pretty impressive intro.

Perhaps not the macho image, but Tiny Tim’s version of “Tiptoe Through The Tulips” would certainly be a memorable entry song - but not sure if you want your audience convulsing with laughter.

8 hours since the OP and nobody has yet suggested Kashmire. Too obvious??..

My entrance music is the studio version of Free Bird, and I’ll strut down the aisle like Michael, Terry, and Buddy used to do…

It’s gotta be the first 1:47 of the Tuba Mirum section from Verdi’s Requiem.

Preferably performed live - if you’ve never heard this in a concert hall at ear-bleeding volume, you haven’t lived.

Handel, it’s got to be Handel. From his oratorio Judas Maccabeus “Hail the Conquering Hero Comes”.

It’s all over YouTube, in hundreds of performances, but here’s what looks like a junior high orchestra doing the music. I chose this one because they are obviously working so hard at it, and for young people that age it’s pretty ambitious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhZw4Yxlbe0

It’s also part of the coronation music in the 1952 movie version of The Prisoner of Zenda. It starts about 1:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA9vn8KSQ-4

Firewind - I Will Fight Alone

Got to be ride of the valkyries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGBDWER-wUI