Two second-grade girls stabbed and killed, way too close to home....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7791977/

What the flyin’ fuck. I’m like a few miles from this place. What kind of sick fucker would do this shit? I am at a loss of words, except for the bad ones. I hope who ever did this pays severely, and painfully.

From this thread: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=315601

…and I’ll say it again. For a crime like this? FUCK NO. :mad:

I know what this country needs: Uruk-Hai.

“You do not know pain, you do not know fear. You will taste murderer-flesh!”

“One of the murderers carries the sitnk of a recent kill. Bring to me alive… if spoiled. Kill the others!”
Problematically, poor old Tolkein’s evil orcs often paole in comparison to plain old humans.

Ever see that old Vincent Price movie, Monster Club? All the werewolves, vampires, et al, decided that for all their fur, fangs and claws, a regular human being was the worst, most evil monster on earth. I think they were right. Hearing things like this make me hope there really is a Hell.

Why am I stuck thinking that a kid did this horrible crime? It just seems so odd and random. It’s either a crazy person or the local cat killin demento-teen has graduated into the big leagues.

yeah, sad as this is, that is exactly what I’m thinking. That someone maybe two or three years older did this (or a couple of them). Maybe I’ve seen too many stories on TV, but something about this gives me vibes of a “thrill kill” by young kids. What a tragedy though, I can’t imagine what it would be like to be their parents. :frowning:

It’s been talked about that the killer may be one of the parents.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7802248/

Someone’s going to be charged shortly, according to the Tribune’s front page.

Jerry Hobbs has been charged!

Charged, eh? About 50,000 volts ought to do it.

Would be Mass Murderer Fills Wish.

According to the story, he had tried to murder his ex-wife and several others with a chainsaw, in 2001. :mad:

I teach 2nd and 3rd grade Sunday School. I try to imagine two of my girls being found like that, and it hurts like hell.

Whoever has done this monstrous crime should never be a free person again. Water, vitamin-enriched bread, a cot, a toilet, and four walls, for the rest of their life. No television, no books, just food and clothing.

Some would call that cruel, though.

I thought so too. I won’t be surprised if it turns out to be a 10 year old kid.

This makes me genuinely ill. I can’t eat my freaking breakfast.

but my first thought after reading your post and noting your location was “but there are starving children in Asi… um, nevermind”

sigh. Just when I think I’ve got this fucked up world figured out.

The news coverage around here just said he’d gone to prison for assault - I figured he got in a bar fight or something like that. They didn’t mention it was domestic assault. Here his father or something was all offended that they’d consider him “just” because he’d been in prison - um, if the guy’s been violent towards the mother of his child, it’s not a real big leap to think he might be violent to his kid too.

The guy’s got a record the length of your arm, a couple of them drug charges, but some assaults in there, too, including assault with a chainsaw! For which, as I understand it, he got probation. That’s why he was in prison, for violating the probation. And that’s why he could come join his family, since he’d served his time for the probation violation.

All that’s bad enough, but what I don’t understand is why in the world the girl’s mother let him come back to them. They had moved, for crying out loud. How did he even know where they were?! He tried to kill her and she let him come back to the family when he got out of prison! And, yeah, maybe there’s more to it than that, and I know people don’t always think straight in situations like this, but still… And it’s the children who pay for it, and the family of the other little girl. What was she thinking?!

I thrust a torch through the remaining aperture and let it fall within. There came forth in return only a jingling of the bells. My heart grew sick – on account of the dampness of the catacombs. I hastened to make an end of my labour. I forced the last stone into its position; I plastered it up. Against the new masonry I reerected the old rampart of bones. For the half of a century no mortal has disturbed them.

*Edgar A. Poe *

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/girls_dead

I really, really hope this guy did not do this horrible thing. I think I’ll go be sick now.

Exactly what part of that sentence indicates that it would be a good idea to release that guy back into society? ‘Cause I ain’t seein’ it. Freakjob never should have been released.