Two weeks to Doperéal!!! Who's coming? (Please check in!)

So who’d be up for a small dinner-type thing on Friday evening, before going out to the bars, etc.? There’s always the traditional Saturday Dopefest dinner, but nothing’s stopping us from going someplace really casual for a bite. MsRobyn will just have come into town after a long drive. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking something way uncomplicated and cheap, like maybe the St-Hub in the Village, on the corner of Amherst and Ste-Catherine. (It’s pretty nice as far as St-Hubs go.)

I called this morning but I had trouble to make myself understood by whoever answered the phone, he would have preferred if I spoke Urdu ! So I still don’t know, will try again tomorrow afternoon from work. As for the Friday supper, what time are you talking about ?

Friday dinner maybe around 8 PM? I say that because MsRobyn will be arriving sometime in the afternoon, and CuriousCanuck around 6:30 - 7:00. (They’re staying at the Pad of Evil® so they’ll want to drop their stuff off.)

After that we can head out to Drugstore or wherever to meet up with people who want to join us later on. If people want to go dancing but not be overwhelmed by a huge club, Jer and I discovered Club Backtrack (1592 Ste-Catherine E) over the weekend. It’s a basement hole of a club, but it’s quaint, and they play 70s, 80s & 90s music. (It’s next to Club Sandwich, under the Bourbon complex.) It’s an idea.

Or we could always migrate west, to Grumpy’s. :smiley:

8 sounds fine to me, since I finish working at 6. I will have time to head home, grab a (very) quick shower and head out.

8, 8:30… whatever. :slight_smile: I doubt St-Hub’s takes reservations (even the “nicer” ones, like the one I mentioned). We’ll have to do the SDMB sign thing. :slight_smile:

Sounds good, you can count me in for St-Hub and whatever else will follow!!

Cool, jools. I don’t know if you’ve passed by that particular one, but it’s one of the St-Hub chain’s “faux-upscale” restos. Could be interesting. At least it won’t be too expensive…

What kind of food does St-Hub have?

Just wondering.

Robin

St-Hubert BBQ (to give it its full name) specializes in roasted chicken on the spit

Yeah Scott I’ve been to that one, it’s basically like the other new Bistro St-Hub.

Ms Robyn It’s a pretty good place with a varied menu of course all including chicken.

Detop St-Hub is actually how they advertise it now, younger and hipper kinda thing but same food and same prices!

jools I guess it just shows my age that I still refer to it by its original name. Aaaah, I still remember when they started deliveries in their little yellow beetles.

Anyhoo, the point of this post was to give an update about the cemetary tours. yes, they do offer them (I finally reached somebody with a good mastery of English). Unfortunately, so far there is one scheduled for the 23-24 weekend. However the person I spoke to asked me to call tomorrow and she’ll see what she can do. So it is still possible.

Ok, ok!

As long as I can tear myself away from wedding planning for 5 minutes…

Ima go to 'Mo Re: all !!!

I imagine we’ll come up on the Friday after Mr. Disco is done work or Saturday morning. We’ll be staying with our friend, Hollywood, who lives downtown.

I’m getting thirsty already.

Scott, honey, I always work graveyard. It’s the bane of my existence.

OK, so far we have:

detop (Grand Marshall of Doperéal)
**scott & jeremy evil
LaurAnge
matt_mcl
New & Improved Scott
Daerlyn
MsRobyn
CuriousCanuck
Eonwe
ladydisco & Mr. disco
jools
5U1C1D3
Upham
kung fu lola
Upside_Down_Amber
Sunspace ** (?)
Eats_Crayons
jovan
(in town from Japan)

Am I forgetting anyone? Perhaps Hamish will be able to join us for an activity or two?

I guess we’re around 20, so reservations will be made for that number. :slight_smile:

You forgot bouv.

detop, I saw bouv in chat, and he doesn’t think he can make it.

I see (said the blindman), my mistake then. Carry on.

ladydisco: Oh, do come for the Friday festivities!

I just have to say that I think it’s absolute sacrilege to be taking out-of-towners out for rotisserie chicken in Montreal and NOT going to Chalet B-B-Q on Sherbrooke W. (I know it’s out of your way and all…but come on!)

Just checking in to confirm myself for Saturday afternoon on through Sunday, assuming someone can put me up for Saturday night. :slight_smile:

Sorry I didn’t get on earlier, I just got home an hour ago from 5 days camping outside of Toronto. This is becoming a Wet Hot Canadian Summer for me!