U2 or YouTube?

What have you spent more time doing?

A. Listening to U2

B. Watching YouTube
(feel free to indicate your approximate age)

For me, it’s YouTube and I’m in my 30’s.

I think U2 win by default. I haven’t spent 30 minutes on YouTube, but I’ve heard U2 at least an hour’s worth since the 1980s.

I’m almost 50.

YouTube by far, 21.

Youtube by a landslide. I’m 23. I mean I like U2 and everything, but there’s just no comparison in sheer volume of time.

U2, by far. I was a HUGE fan of U2 going back to about the WAR album. I’ve worn out their first five or six albums, I’ve seen one concert live, two other concerts about four times on TV, and watched Rattle & Hum a few times. I still listen to them. It’s all good.

YouTube? Two hours, tops. I’ve listened to the ‘B’ side of Wide Awake in America probably ten times as much.

I’m 36.

I’ve probably spent 10 hours in my entire life on youtube? That seems like a lot…Youtube is cool and all but I really only go there if I’m looking for something in particular.

I can’t even estimate how many hours I’ve spent listening to U2 (I’m a huge fan as well). It’s a heck of a lot more than 10 though, that’s for sure.

I’m 30.

Definitely YouTube. I’ll be 30 later this month.

U2 by far. I was a teen in the 80s, I had nothing to do but listen to U2 for hours on end, many times this included putting the cassette on replay and then talking to my friends on the phone about how awesome my life would be if Larry Mullen was my boyfriend. U2 is also one of the few areas of pop culture where I was ahead of the curve, my cool older cousin came back from a trip to Dublin in the early 80s (81 I think) listening to U2, so I did as well. This says nothing about my taste, if Cool Older Cousin had been listening to Lawrence Welk, I would have happily gone with that as well.

I do watch things on youtube, but there is no way I will ever have that much time on my hands again to clock hours even in the same range as U2.

in my 30’s. I would need to live to 300 years of age before I can watch enough youtube to catch up to my U2 days in high school. Now they are about tied at around zero.

U2 is a great band. Perhaps one of the best of all time.

But to answer the question, YouTube without a doubt.

Hell, you can hear U2 on YouTube.

I’ve spent thousands of hours of my life listening to U2. I’ve watched maybe 2 hours of stuff on You Tube, including a bunch of U2 clips.

I’m 40.

U2 by far, though nothing against YouTube.

I’m 21.

I came to this thread all ready to say “YouTube,” but after actually thinking it through, it would have to be U2. I’m 22.

I saw U2 on St Patricks Day, 1985 (I think it was), Under a Blood Red Sky was the greatest album ever, and they haven’t done anything interesting since then.

YouTube wins

U2

I was a big fan at the beginning, not so much lately. I’ve spent some time at youtube as well, but The Edge has the edge right now.

YouTube by far. I don’t listen to much music at all, and though I like what little U2 I’ve heard, I haven’t gone out of my way to listen to more. Age 25.

U2. . . I’m 35, so yeah. I think I’ve even spent more time listening to Negativland’s The Letter U and the Numeral Two than Youtube, which I’ve probably invested 5 hours in total.
War, October, Boy, and some other stuff that was on the radio for a thousand years.

I’m 23, 24 in November.

I’ve currently got between 10-20 Youtube videos on my favorites list, and it’s not uncommon for me to clickthrough and watch things if a columnist or site I particularly like links a video, but… on an average week, I’d imagine I spend less than 10 minutes watching Youtube, and even that only for about the past 8 months or so.

I tend to listen to U2 a whole album at a time, and I pretty regularly go back and listen to stuff of theirs every once in a while, they’re often on the radio when I’m driving places or in a store/restaurant. I grew up listening to them. Maybe in another 10 years I’ll have racked up enough youtube time to outstrip U2, but as it is, I’ve definitely spent more time listening to U2

Since discovering UK Panel shows that people have posted on to YouTube, I’ve spent probably 50 or 60 hours just watching them (some repeatedly). Add to that all the other crap I’ve watched on YouTube, and it beats U2 hands down.

I’m 37.

Youtube by far. I use youtube to listen to many different songs that I can’t otherwise find. I’m twenty-two.