U2 or YouTube?

I spent hours listening to “The Joshua Tree” and “Rattle and Hum” in college. A few friends of mine even made their own parody of the “Numb” video (hey, I wonder if a copy of that still exists. I could upload it!). Still, I think all the time I’ve spent watching anime on YouTube makes things even.

I’m 36.

My user name probably gives it away, but U2 beats out Youtube by far. One question though, what does time spent checking out obscure early clips of U2 performing count as, or does it just cancel out?

I’m 28.

To my discredit, B. I’m 16, so maybe the fact that U2 got started in 1976 (I looked that up) has something to do with it. Still, I think listening to U2 might actually be more rewarding than watching all the stupid crap people link me.

U2. I do watch a lot of youtube but I probably have listened to a little bit more U2.

I’m 24.

For anyone interested, the votes thus far has been fairly even. U2 has edged out YouTube by a slim margin (13/23 or 56.5% of the votes).

Almost certainly U2, since they’ve been around a lot longer and they’re on the radio a lot. I’m 31.

By the way, this is the weirdest and most random poll ever. I love it.

Youtube, and I’m 31. Mainly because I didn’t listen to much American music until I was in my 20’s.

U2 by a long shot.

Just noted a couple of days ago that 9 of the 25 most played songs in my iTunes are U2.

Then I’m such an incredible luddite…either that or I’m just poor…Ok, I’m poor… so I only have dial-up computer access at home. Which means that I don’t waste my time trying to watch YouTube at home.

I’ve probably heard a lot of U2 over the years, although I’m no big fan. I think I did have The Joshua Tree on cassette. But I’ve spent many hours of many evenings on YouTube, so I’m gonna call it a tie.

U2 by a landslide. Bono is my secret husband.

I’ve wasted several perfectly good hours on YouTube, but nothing close to the many hundreds of hours spent with the fab 4.

Well, U2 is Irish, but maybe you meant rock music.

U2 for me, easily. I’m 37, and was a huge fan from War through Rattle & Hum. I still own their post-80s stuff, but I’m not a fan of it.

U2 by a very very long shot … been listening to U2 since 1982, I’ve seen all their live concerts, records, tapes, cds… have a U2 playlist in my iPod.

Youtube, I watch a lot (lots of U2 on there)… but nothing compared to the amount of time I’ve spent on U2.

I’m 43 on Friday!

U2. I’m 31.

Not sure what it is but I have a major aversion to watching stuff on my computer.

U2 by far. An excellent band that more than deserves their hype, rep, and success. I’ve listened to them since October.

I only go to Youtube when some doper links to a clip. I don’t find it entertaining and the video quality sucks.

Youtube by far. U2 is okay to listen to but I don’t own any of their albums or go out of my way to listen to them. I’m 37.

YouTube. I lost interest in U2 after War. (The Unforgivable Drivel album pretty much killed them for me.). They only had maybe 1 or 2 good songs per album since then…

I’m not sure about the count…do you mean voluntarily listening to U2 or just being present when they’re on radio/TV? If that’s the case, it might be close to a draw.

I’m 44.

U2.

I had time to listen to hours of music back then, nowadays, the idea of watching hours of hommade videos and other clips doesn’t compel me enough to actually do it.

But U2? You can listen to them in the car.

40 here.

Youtube by quite a wide margin. I really don’t like U2, but I love watching music videos, AMVs, and stupid funny stuff on Youtube. I’m 21.

You’re not the only one, trust me.

Someday the internet will be like a damn TV, with different channels, and I’ll hate every second of it. Or so I fear. :wink:

YouTube easily. I’ve watched several concerts on there, not to mention hundreds of silly little clips and I regularly watch videos that way, too.

U2, on the other hand? Eh. I’ve probably had a few hours worth of U2 music pumped into my head from the radio, but YouTube wins hands down.

And I’m 26.