Ugly betty 2 hour season premiere 10-16-09

lol. I keep forgetting his birth details. How old he’s supposed to be and where’s he supposed to have grown up would probably influence my choice. But given the appearance and personality of his parents I’m imagining they’ll pick Jason Dohring (Veronica Mars rich boyfriend) or Matt Czuchry (Gilmore Girls rich blond boyfriend), although Jamie Campbell Bower (The Prisoner rich blond son) could be interesting.

I just hope they’re not going to go all DALLAS or FALCON CREST and make Marc the missing son.

The show has run its course I fear. Glad to see them resolve a few plots but they were lines that should have been running to begin with.

And another “grow the stubble back!” to Matt.

more probably the adopted son will add to the improbably long string of out-of-her-league bf’s

I looked closely at the adoption form, but that was last season so now I don’t remember. It seemed the boy would have been around Daniel’s age, roughly. As for where and how he was raised, that should be interesting, on this show. He was adopted out in South Dakota, wasn’t it? At any rate, he’s heir to two fortunes, and I’m thinking if he’s smart and talented enough to do both Matt and Daniel’s jobs with one arm tied behind his back, it could suck for those two. Or maybe he’ll be a scumbag and sue his way into everything. Maybe he’ll bond with Willi. Whatever happens, it’s got to be more entertaining than some of the more recent plots.

I hate to say it, but I agree. I think a lot of people are like me…the last season was kind of “meh” and we just haven’t gotten into the new one. I just lost my Betty-enthusiasm over the hiatus. It’s no longer must-see teevee for mee…er, me.

A May-September romance/alliance with Willi could be great, especially if he’s a hunk (which you can be pretty sure he will be).

A May-September romance/alliance with Willi could be great, especially if he’s a hunk (which you can be pretty sure he will be).

I’ve even wondered if the kid might be Daniel- adopted by his father without Claire’s knowledge or his ex-wife’s (Christina Baranski- don’t remember the character’s name).

How does this work? Matt’s dad never adopted Daniel.

Not Daniel- sorry- Matt. (He’s played by Daniel Eric Gold so I crossed wires.)

They could also bring on Danny Pintauro to reunite with Judith Light since he’s played her son before. After a long search she finds him on a graphic gay hookup site.

Great, I just had to google Danny Pintauro. Ew!

So, we’re on episode 8 now.

I think the writers set this episode in the Bahamas so they could have a vacation. The dialogue was missing it’s usual wit and snap, and seemed rushed. Are they in a hurry to get some new story-lines going? Hopefully that will be a good thing.

In a way it felt like a season or series finale. The show didn’t get canceled or something, did it?

And to show everybody shirtless. Speaking of which: Marc’s a bit disappointing- I knew he was slim but hardly any tone, just skinny and white; Daniel’s beefed up and Matt is tonier than expected, and shame on the producers for not springing for Ralph Macchio to go get shirtless in the Bahamas.

If this show were COMMUNITY or some other new series it would be in the “building an audience” stage, but being in the 4th year they’re way beyond that and they seem clueless how to keep an audience. Skin was a nice touch, but it just lacks the “mmmmph” of it’s first two seasons.

I can’t believe you didn’t mention Conor, and I have to disagree about Daniel. It was only an episode or two ago we saw him at the pool with cult-girl, and the only beef I saw was around his belly. I wish I could un-see it.

Conor was worth the price of admission though. Maybe he’s Claire Meade’s son.

Loved Willi’s line “This is the topless pool?”

Now that Connor’s in custody, and if they get his money, I wonder if the Meades will try to buy out Matt’s dad.

And I think this is the most Marc and Daniel have interacted since the show began. Taking Daniel’s offer was just good sense when Willi was out, but I was surprised he continued the defection when she was rehired.

True, and I think Marc’s intentions are sincere. But, Willi may just see this as a great way of placing a loyal spy close to Daniel. They might wring some drama out of that.

I wonder if this answers the question someone posted from last week about whether or not Marc was being sincere when he was standing there accusing Nico alongside Willi, or if he was acting out a part in Willi’s plan.

Seems like he was being sincere and wanted Willi to smash Nico right there, and Willi threw him out, and it may have been a turning point for Marc in his willingness to be loyal to Willi.

Although I was surprised she let Marc have his “vacation” and opted to bring Betty instead. Did she maybe not trust Marc’s loyalty?

I guess tho that’s sort of looking into it too much. She really asked Betty along to further the plot.