UK football; the woman who screams at Arsenal home games.

I don’t know where to put this - and this is my 1st visit to MPSIMS - so i hope its apt, but anyone who watches UK football must have heard the woman who screams when the Arse’s goal is perceived (by her) to be threatened. She screams. Like a horror movie.
My son and I have missed her since the move to the Emirates but last night vs Liverpool - there she was; when Gerrard tried to flick it over the back 4 - ‘AAAAAAAaaaaaaarrrrghhhh!’ when Torres… etc etc.
She screams - we laugh.
Maybe the mic has been in a different place. Have you been there all along? I’d love to hear from you in person - but confirmation of her lung power from other noticers would be good.

Tell me we’re not alone - you’ve heard her too?

MiM

I don’t know if you’re making a football joke I don’t understand - but I watched that Arsenal/Liverpool game and did notice a very loud, very feminine exclamation. I remember it because one of the blokey blokes in the pub sort of mimicked the sound just afterwards (presumably in some automatic tribal fashion). And I laughed at his odd falsetto.

[QUOTE=Staggerlee]
I don’t know if you’re making a football joke I don’t understand - but I watched that Arsenal/Liverpool game and did notice a very loud, very feminine exclamation. QUOTE]

No - not a joke - She’s been screaming away for a few years now - it started back at Highbury and she seemed to be lost when they moved to the Emirates but there she suddenly was! Every time she thinks the Arse might concede.
She’s like the Catherine Tate character who screams in shock at the toast popping up.
I wonder what she’s like at Horror movies?
Thank you Staggerlee for noticing and letting me know you noticed.
:slight_smile:

MiM

Not being a soccer fan, I hadn’t heard of this woman, but I find these people kind of interesting - in that they annoy the living crap out of me. They’re of a particular breed of superfan that goes out of its way to annoy everybody half to death. I hadn’t heard of this woman before, but there’s a fan of the Cleveland Indians (baseball) who bangs on a large drum, I think a tympani, throughout their games. At least he sits in the back row of the stadium. The Yankees have a similar guy playing a cowbell. The Chicago Cubs have a particularly loud, annoying guy named Ronnie Woo Woo. You can guess what he does.

And of course, at least on this side of the pond, there was a time when almost any sports fan would have recognized this guy - although he’s become a distant, weird memory.