Ultraviolet not getting previews?

Because Synergy just plain rocks.

Jem also has a really great cover of “Maybe I’m Amazed” off The O.C. soundtrack, I believe.

I just got back to this thread and realized I comprehend exactly two posts here, outside of my own.

Man I feel out of style. :smack:

Whaddya know, that’s me!

I know what you mean. I noticed the music, but not nearly as much as some people.

I feel bad for Mila Jonavich, who got noticed in a good action-scif movie and has steadly gone downhill since.

Well, at least she can always start a Klemzer band when her acting career dies(which should be any day now).

Is Milla Jovovich a Klezmer musician, or is this a whoosh?

She made a movie called “Dummy” with Adrian Brody. In the movie, she starts up a Klemzer Band. I have no idea if she’s actually singing/playing in that film.

It seems to be another cautionary tale about actresses marrying directors (although she and Besson are now divorced).

She still is hot.

I watched this today with my co-workers, including my boss.

My boss told me after the movie that he wanted his 7.50 back.

The plot made no sense whatsoever. It felt like they tried to cram a three hour movie into 90 minutes, along the lines of what Silentgoldfish said; there were some scenes that were definitely missing–scenes that could’ve explained just what the heck Violet was trying to do.

Oh, and I got creeped out by

The boy from Birth, who played “the ultimate weapon”. The one who got into the tub with Nicole Kidman. At one point in the movie I thought he was going to kiss Violet and say he was the reincarnation of her dead hubby.

The fight scenes tried to look hard to look cool, ripping off The Matrix, Kill Bill and Highlander (look, ma, katanas!). The CGI was worse than Spiderman. The villain was over-the-top and had an all-too-predictable twist.

Still, if you think Milla Jovovich is hot and want to see her kicking ass in skin-tight spandex, go ahead and watch it. I’d suggest just renting it, though.

I do want to see it, I admit it. But I live between three decent second-run theaters. If I’m patient, I can see it on some Tuesday afternoon in late April for 75 cents.

There’s already a movie like that. It’s called “The 5th element” and it’s a lot better then Ultraviolet looks/sounds.

Not sure if it’s the klemzer she plays on this album, but she definately can sing and play musical instruments.

I thought Milla Jovovich looked a bit silly in The 5th Element (those bandages she was wearing didn’t help). I agree that The 5th Element is the better film, though. By a mile.

She was definitely more drool-worthy in Ultraviolet, if one could get past the stupid plot. Man, that woman is beautiful.

YMMV.

5% at Rotten Tomatoes.

That’s worse than Uwe Boll’s latest, ‘Bloodrayne’, which got 7%.

Ouch. :smack:

Why must my unfulfilled longing for Milla Jovovich be endlessly tormented by her appearing in bad movies. Sure she’s not the world’s awesomest actress and she’s not up for Oscars, but she’s hardly the worst one around. Actresses much worse than her have gotten much better roles. Is there something wrong with her agent?

MMV. Everytime she’s gone semi-nude, I think that she is the perfect candidate for breast augmentation surgery…just to get to an A-cup! She looks more like a young boy than a beautiful woman.

I must have missed the good one. Which one was that? And don’t you dare say The 5th Element.

If Mila looks like a young boy, then slap my ass and call me Michael Jackson.

Having said that, a friend of mine just saw the movie yesterday. Vampires? Bwuh? Sounds like an awful film.

Finally saw this as a rental and I guess I was entertained enough by it, probably mostly because my expectations were suitably lowered by this thread. The action scenes and visuals were good to outstanding, but the plot was painful. Fortunately, the movie tended not to dwell on it. I expected a lot of eye candy and that’s what I got loads of.

I saw this yesterday and was mostly just bored. I actually enjoyed DOOM and Aeon Flux, so that’s telling you something. The plot was nonsensical, and there were scenes in there that I couldn’t figure out what they were doing. Some of the special effects were great; others blew. Some of the technology was fun to see, but in an age with extradimensional spaces and anti-gravity, what the hell were they doing still using projectile weapons and swords?