Um, about that line, Subaru

Didn’t and didn’t. I think you’re on to something here.

I don’t think my mind would have gone there automatically, but I definitely can see why people thought of it. I have a strong cultural association of something happening in the back seat of a car being sexual.

I am in a very bad mood today. In spite of that, I can recognize when another poster is yanking my chain by perversely continuing a ridiculous argument. In spite of THAT I am still tempted to unleash a barrage of Anglo-Saxon monosyllables questioning your integrity and genitalia. However, though I don’t really care about board rules, two of the Rhymer rules – “Never insult somebody unless you would be justified in kicking his teeth in” and “Never post angry” – previous me from doing so. Thus I shall hereafter leave you to your no-doubt lovely, wise, and mature inner landscape.

“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.” - George Bernard Shaw

Ahh didn’t know about the John Oliver thing, but as usual he went over the top.
Here’s the ad in question. and while I think it could have been thought out a little better; I tend to believe it’s a case of someone choosing to more offended than they really should be.

The gist of the ad is that they are bringing back a retro ringed bottle. Sorry, but that’s not really screaming Nazi references to me just because the bottle was developed in the 1940s.

Which came first?

You know, incest never occurred to me while watching that. All I wanted to know was how did the brother not get real coffee in Africa. Don’t they GROW coffee in Africa?

Historically, Fanta had no real connections with the Nazis. Max Keith was in fact an opponent of Nazism.

But it doesn’t matter. Fanta was invented in the Third Reich in 1940. You do not refer to the date of its creation as the “good old times”. All the other stuff that was happening in Germany in 1940 far overshadows the invention of a new soda.

Two out of three ain’t bad.

Folgers is better than real coffee.

Overtness is more honest.