Um, about that line, Subaru

Nice commercial about a Subaru, voiceover by a woman about raising her daughter in the car, first word, etc, with child aging through commercial.

To the payoff… “My daughter grew up in the back seat of that car” and a shot of a young teenage girl saying “What?”

PHRASING.

That was my thought, too.

I think they are both darling.

Yeah, my immediate mental reply to that is “Which is only fitting, since she was conceived there…”

Every time I see that commercial, I change the words in my head to ‘My daughter lost her virginity in the back of that car.’

Link?

It’s almost a year old.

Ohhhh kayyyyy.

I don’t know what the point is. That was a perfectly normal commercial, supposedly extolling the longevity of Subarus, which in fact have a good reliability rating.

Nowhere near the Folgers incest commercial for creepiness. :smiley:

“Love. It’s what makes a Subaru a Subaru.”

Help! Help! I’m drowning in a vat of treacle!

This one? (Followed by a creepy clown Post Krinkles commercial.)

Yes. Of course that one. If mum and dad didn’t come downstairs, well… I think we all know what was going to happen. :wink:

And I thought I had a dirty mind! IMHO, that line is as pure as the driven snow.

You people are sick. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve read the OP no fewer than ten times, I’ve watched the commercial.

You described the commercial. Then wrote “PHRASING”.

Having read other responses I suppose the implication is that you imagine some sort of sexual tension between the mother and daughter. Right? Is that what this thread is about? If so. No. It’s just you, OP. But if that’s the point you were trying to make why not just come right out and say it?

Why the need for such cryptic phrasing?

1/10

The mom just spent a minute talking about seeing her daughter in the back seat, and now she’s moved up to the front.

No more.

No less.

I don’t know what the OP is seeing other than that.

“She grew up in the back seat” implies that she lost her virginity there.

I don’t equate “grew up” with “lost her virginity” at all. If she’d said “became a woman”, yeah, sure, that’s common phrasing. But “grew up”, that’s just in your own dirty, dirty minds.

I must have a dirty mind like the OP. I hear “She got laid for the first time in the back seat” every time.

Me neither. That’s a little out there.

Anyway, Subaru, Ima let you finish, but Chrysler had one of the best “sex in the backseat of a car” ads of ALL TIME.

I get a kick out of this, and it isn’t a commercial.