Umm... What!? Clear Knee Mom jeans

Those aren’t mom jeans. Also, they are awful.

But these damn kids today who can’t even be bothered to wear their own holes in their jeans.

Poplitealicious!

$95 for those hideously ridiculous things?!? Unreal. smh

At risk of being whooshed, it’s one of those hipster things.

The funniest part is that one review. It’s gonna be a great year now that she’s found her futuristic mom jeans.

Because I was an ass about my knee injury. Looked better on my leg than on my head.

So in the future, we’ll be copping our feels of the patella?

Given the wide acceptance of jeans with pre-torn holes in the knees (and elsewhere), I see these things as a clever statement.

The calling them “mom jeans” should be enough to key people in that the point is be meta and oh so ironic.

Sadly, no. Mom jeans have been “back in style” for a while now.

Plus, Nordstrom isn’t exactly the place to go for clever meta commentary.

Aren’t all ll chaps, by definition, buttless? If they had butts, they’d be “pants”.

True, but with the plastic sheath, your local cowboy can still afford the exhibitionism, while still providing comfort by avoiding “rodeo chafe”.

I was also thinking of those tony tweed jackets with the brown leather elbows…just replace those with the same plastic stuff, so at your next Odd Fellows shindig, you’ll certainly be holding court.

Oh gracious. Is that back again? I spent half my early adolescence rolling my eyes at my mother when she told me to tuck the back of my shirt in. So lame and preppy, Mom! But of course the front was tucked! How else to show off my waist in these baggy shirts?!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yup. I believe there are several commercials sporting this look. I wanna say Old Navy is guilty.

I wonder about cleaning those. Can’t go through normal laundry, and I’m not sure the plastic would stand up to dry-cleaning chemicals.

I’m looking for a tweet from Trump about these jeans. I mean, Nordstrom can find room in their stores for THESE jeans, but can’t carry Ivanka’s crap clothes? Sad.

I can’t help but wonder if these aren’t actually meant to sell but, rather, meant to drive traffic to the site. In addition to this Thread, I’ve seen it shared by a few different people on social media- never in a “Wow! These are great!” kind of a way but always in a “WTF!?!?” kind of a way.

But, even though people are sharing it to say WTF?, the link still gets clicked on. Other products are visible in the sidebar once you follow the link. So, I’m sure some people follow the link to gape and say “That’s so ridiculous!” but then go on the browse the rest of the merchandise.

Be proud of your carpet burns!

Meh, ripped knees have been in style for a couple of years now, this is just an extension of the style. Looks like pretty standard fashion process.
To relate to Doper’s experiences:

Remember when larger collars were in style in the early 1970’s, and the trend culminated in giant collars that covered the entire collarbone and upper chest? This is like that. But probably less ridiculous.

|checks calendar|

Nope, it’s not April 1, yet. :confused:

I happened to glance at the cleaning instructions; pretty sure they said machine wash/line dry.