Undercover Brother

No spoilers, because, quite frankly, the movie doesn’t really “stick” so while I was laughing at the movie in most spots, I’ll be damned if I can remember what was so funny now.

It does parody various black and white stereotypes rather effectively, I thought. Its also got a great soundtrack. Probably what surprised me most, though, was the level of profainity in a movie that was rated PG-13.

Its nice to see that Doogie Howser can find work.

When I first saw the preview, my reaction was “Holy hell, how did that get made?” Followed closely by “I’ll go see it anyway.”

I enjoyed Undercover Brother. It’s not high art, but it was an entertaining enough way to pass a few hours. I wonder if anyone else could have filled Chris Kattan’s role better. I want to say someone could, but I can’t think of anyone.

I haven’t seen it, but I am surprised that a film based on an Internet cartoon could do so well.

Let’s ask Jack Valenti!

Jack Valenti’s fun to read. He’s so cryptic. I think what he’s trying to say is one use of “f***” as an expletive and not in it’s sexual connotation gets you a PG-13. More than one gets an R. I don’t really know what you meant by “level of profanity,” and that’s all Jack Valenti says about it. But he’s so mysterious!

That’s not true. IIRC, Lake Placid is rated PG, and it’s got some of my favorite little F-word accompaniments:

“It’s so nice to know my tax dollars are finding their way to you…Fuckshit!”

“Hey Jack, how’s it going, really, that’s great, fuck off.”

And who can forget whenever a member of the Golden Girl’s belts out with the unforgetable description of one they’re not too fond of… “Fuckmeat.”

Maybe it’s the whole “Sexual connotation” thing. I don’t know.

Lake Placid was definitely not rated PG, it was rated R.

It was Betty White, and her best line in the movie was “If I had a dick, this is where I’d tell you to suck it.” hehehehehe :smiley:

-Dirty

R, matey! (ow! bad pun)

“Officer Fuckmeat” was one of my favorite lines.

Jack Valenti may be cryptic, but not leinient.

Well I saw it and thought it was a hoot! I can even remember some funny bits:

(spoilers)

I enjoyed the fact that Sistah Girl’s hairstyle changed in every scene. I thought it was hilarious when the guys stopped their fighitng and all sat down together in sports-on-TV style to watch the girls’ cat-fight. I loved the sudden shark attack at the end. All in all Undercover Brother was a good, 7 out of 10, movie.

I thought the movie was hilarious. <TMI> I laughed so much I coughed up phlegm. </TMI>

I think that they used the word “fuck” twice in film, but I’m not sure. They did use it once, along with an awful lot of “shit” and “piss”'s. Not that I was offended by any of it, it just seemed to a bit more than one would find in your typical PG-13 affair.

Name any male actor. Any one. He’d have a 95% chance of being better in that role than Chris Kattan.

Aside from the atrocious Kattan, it was a terrific movie.

Undercover Brother was recently released in Australia, and I’ve just got home from seeing it.

The review said “Austin Powers with an afro” :smiley:

Amusing fluff, nothing earth-shattering, but a fun night out with friends. Quite a few laughs, and the <spoilers>

shower scene / cat fight was hilarious, as was the male reaction :smiley:

Just plain fun. :smiley:

I enjoyed it too and then suddenly right in the middle, when he was playing golf… I see a person I knew from highschool. He is the white dud with the one line. HiSimon

Doogie squishing the guy’s head was a milk through the nose moment for me… except it was beer… ow.

I think you have to have seen some Blaxploitation films in order to fully appreciate the movie. I thought it was hilarious. (see also “im gonna get you sucka”)

and yeah, anything with Doogie in it is all right in my book.

I rented it last night~~
The music was great, found myself singing way too much, according to my daughter. So I like Parliment, sue me :stuck_out_tongue:

Eddie Griffin was perfect as Undercover Brother, and Dave Chapelle as Conspiracy Brothah was great.

Now Chris Kattan, OTOH… someone PLEASE hurt him!

I agree with greck, you do need to have some familiarity with Blaxploitation films to fully appreciate the humor.

Now excuse me while I go put on some George Clinton…

Maybe this is irrelevent, as the movie was made nearly 30 years ago, but “All the President’s Men” has at least 3 uses of the word “fuck,” none with sexual connotations, and it’s NOW rated PG, but had originally been rated R.

hrh

One line is still stuck in my head (6 months after I saw the movie):

SPOILER:

I see white people.

I only remember one cackly line too…
“Don’t smoke too much of that shit…Makes you paranoid!”