We were both sitting in camp reading when I looked up and saw that we had a visitor. The wind blew a few seconds after I snapped the picture and he was gone.
Sadly, I don’t think I’ll be getting any calls from Golden Palace Casino.
It’s not entirely unexpected by now, but it’s still a bit surprising to me how well sunrise/sunset photos seem to turn out, no matter how little thought is put into them.
[QUOTE=winterhawk11] This is probably my favorite picture I’ve ever taken, and it was just a quick shot with a phone camera. I love the way Tenshi (the Singapura) looks so protective, and little Meep (the Russian Blue, who’d just recently been diagnosed with lymphoma) looks so comfortable, like she can afford to let her guard down because her “big brother” is looking out for her.
Meep’s gone now, and that picture always brings out bittersweet emotions in me.
[/QUOTE]
I’m actually choked up a little here.
On Thursday I arrived home from being away for four months to find that my boyfriend had left a dozen roses for me on my kitchen table. So of course I took pictures and gotthesepics.
Unexpectedlygood flower photos. The first one I took this morning at a state park (Lake June-in-Winter Sand Scrub, if you’re curious), and I’m honestly surprised how nice it came out. I had to stick my hand near it and shoot blind because of the way is was situated. I didn’t even notice the bugs until I saw it on my PC. The second one I took at the Magic Kingdom (at Disney World) of all places, sometime last month. That one I just pointed up and fired. Who knew that a rainy hibiscus could be so pretty?
Then there’s this one, along Spring St at the Bowery in Manhattan. I was just walking and I thought – I should have a picture of my hotel’s neighborhood. That’s what came out.
And another flower picture. This one I like because the flower came out off-center, and so very saturated in contrast to the ground and leaves below. The colors have not been altered, but the flower just springs out of the background. That may be my favorite.
This is probably my favorite picture that I’ve ever taken. The colors aren’t natural though – I was playing around in Photoshop one day and ended up with that. I still like it though.
Another couple favorites are here and here, taken at a local restaurant.
[QUOTE=PigBoy]
It’s not entirely unexpected by now, but it’s still a bit surprising to me how well sunrise/sunset photos seem to turn out, no matter how little thought is put into them.
Also early post-sunset photos of city lights- those seem surprisingly easy to get right, too. Here’s a triofromOhio.
[/QUOTE]
Thos sunset pictures are AWESOME! Very nice.
I really like this one that I took of my friends. I gave them barely any direction, but I think it turned out nice. The boys are super photogenic and willing models, so I took a lot of great pictures of them this summer.
Just got back from a trip down the coast, where I hijacked my mum’s camera, and started snapping away.
This, this and this were all spur of the moment shots, playing around with the Macro function on my mum’s camera.
This little guy however was a total fluke. We found him in the grass, and we didn’t want to disturb him too much so I took the photo as best I could through the grass and undergrowth. It looked shocking on the camera display, so I’m really chuffed with how well it turned out once I uploaded it.