Unfortunate Company Names

I read that as FLOUNDER. Which would still make sense with the name. :smiley:

I’ve seen a business called Onan right next to one called Cummings.

Yeah, I’m not going to be googling to find out what that’s about either.

“Fluke” was also the name of a trucking company whose trucks I recall seeing many times on the highway. Their slogan? “If it gets there on time, it’s a Fluke!”

I must have one of those shirts (browse to the ‘mammoth gear’ section of mammoth erections)!!

There used to be a firm of solicitors and/or land agents around here somewhere called ‘Pink, Donger & Lowry’

There’s a chiropractor in Kalamazoo named “Dr. Bender”.

Would that be House of BJs* in San Francisco (now closed, I believe)?

*Ok, ok, I’m probably the only one who called it that, it was House of Blue Jeans.
Roddy

It’s been the same company for years now: Cummins-Onan.

My personal favourite unfortunate company name is Barren Investments, LTD, which operates out of Hope. (Of course.) I am always surprised to find that it is still listed, each time I have reason to look it up again – they’ve been gamely plugging away for at least twenty years.

There is a coffee shop in (predominately Chinese) Richmond, BC which goes by the name of Either Cup. I assume that the name is meant to be somewhat imitative of the more successful Second Cup, but it misses the mark, somehow. :smiley:

Wheneve I read Deutsche Bank it always sounded like Douche Bank in my head until I heard how it was supposed to be pronounced (doitch).

I don’t see what’s unfortunate about these names.

I once heard a receptionist refer to that firm as “Do little and touchy”.

I’ve always thought that Rabobank (“Rob-a-bank”) had an unfortunate name for the English-speaking market.

GuanoLad, Mole+Station=Molestation. Molestation Nursery is especially inappropriate.

Snap-On sounds an awful lot like strap-on.

Megaflicks!

You have to look at the sign to see why.

Around here we have a company called Sofa King. And the commercials say the prices are Sofa King Low.

Cox Communications. I used to work there. Anytime I called a customer and a man answered, even though they knew they got their cable services from Cox they would do this audible double take and say, “you’re calling from where? heh heh heh” :o

Fresno, California used to boast the Harry Palm Mortuary, now more boringly known as Palm Colonial. I pass it every morning on my way to work.

There’s a manchester retailer here called “Holy Sheet!”, which is awesome but I’m still surprised they can get away with it…

:smiley: That is SWEET! I am pissing myself laughing. Although I did read it through about 5 times before it sunk in.

There’s a mid-atlantic convenience store chain here called “Sheetz”. But it’s not as unfortunately named as Kum ‘n’ Go…

We have a sporting-goods store here in PA called Dick’s. What’s the apostrophe in the logo, you ask? A couple of balls (soccer and basketball).