Unhearalded Supporting Characters that are just flat-out cool.

Parthy is just fine. You know I would have loved to see another movie with that whole crew, perhaps about the job when they were all named after diseases :smiley:

I loved the Sirens in “Oh Brother”. I’d happily watch three hours of them washing their laundry while singing so sweetly.

Chuck Bush in Fandango.

Judd Nelson: “Texas is so ugly.”
Chuck Bush (while reading Siddharta): “I like the way it’s shaped.”

Bwhaa, me too, Chuck.

Oh, and if you’ve seen the scene where he rips the cable off the road barrier, attaches it to the front of their derelict car and lassoes the train with the other end, stone-faced the entire time… then you’re with me.

I also loved Wilford Brimley in “Absence of Malice.” I got the video from the library not long ago, just to see him come in and do his deus ex machina schtick at the end.

Anthony LaPaglia is outstanding in a relatively small role in the (otherwise forgettable) movie “Betsy’s Wedding,” as a junior Mafiosi who is redeemed by love.

And the smartass guy in the control tower in “Airplane” was pure comedy gold, baby. “And Leo’s getting larrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrger!” Lloyd Bridges just couldn’t keep up.

Vascques? from Aliens. She was flat out cool. “Let’s Rock!!!”

We’d have to tie you to the chair, though.

–Cliffy

Jesus, from The Big Lebowski. Okay, his name’s more memorable, but he had minimal screen time.

I made this post two days ago.

The Saxon leader was excellent in that. I couldn’t wait for the movie to get back to him. He didn’t have enough lines. That was Stellan Skaarsgard. You might remember him as the asshole math guy in Good Will Hunting.

I’m a big fan of the movie Along Came Polly but mainly because the characters played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Alec Baldwin, and Hank Azaria are totally hilarious, especially PSH. I’d pay to see a whole movie of just his life.

I’d want to see movies based on the background stories of most of the characters in “Lock, Stock and Two Smocking Barrells” , “Snatch” and even “Hackers”.

I actually read that thread and remmeber seeing your post. Totally had forgotten about it by the time I got around to thinking this though. I’m shocked that that was Stellan Skaarsgard, I’m very familiar with him but could not pick him up through the costume and make-up. Awesome job, really.

Love that line you quoted too. Plus when he is slowly loping back towards his army and suddenly gives his chest that single pound. Too cool.

When I saw it, I kept thinking it was the guy who played Theoden in Lord of the Rings.

I’ll nominate Jerry Reed playing the CO in Bat 21.

Edward James Olmos’ character in Blade Runner. Also, the Asian guy with the frozen eyes. They were scene-stealers.

The grandfather in Moonstruck. All his antics with his dogs were great, and prompted the classic line from Olympia Dukakis, “Old man, if you give those dogs one more piece of my food, I’m gonna kick ya 'til you’re dead!” If they made a movie just about him and the dogs, I’d watch it.

When my brother and I were kids, we loved the Nazi guy with the medallion burned into his hand from Raiders of the Lost Ark. So creepy and evil!

That Asian guy is one of my That Guys. He’s Lo Pan in Big Trouble In Little China, and the voice of Dao Wun Long (possibly Dao Lun Wong) in Jackie Chan Adventures. He pops up in numerous direct to video b movies.

Re Highlander

I’d say the Kurgan was one of the main characters. It’s clear rather early on that the Kurgan is the bad guy and Connor is the good guy. Yancy whatisname recently played Brother Justin in HBO’s Carnivale and is the voice of Mr Krabbs on Spongebob Squarepants (Which is a great tool for teaching kids not to be scared of movies. ‘Now close your eyes and just listen to the creepy guy in the bone armor. Does he sound familiar?’)

Re M Emmet Walsh

In Monster! he plays an aging b-movie star convinced that the monster he fought in his films is real. It quickly becomes obvious to his nephew that the monster is real. The role of being the town hero and defeating the monster passes to the nephew. I’d very much like to see a prequel set a few years before Monster!. Walsh is over the hill, people are convinced he’s senile and are trying to have him committed, but the fate of the world is in his wrinkled and arthritic hands.

Re Cornfed

That was the whole point of the character. He was a world class detective, martial artist, doctor etc. But for some reason, he’d decided to be Duckman’s sidekick.

Dungeons&Dragons

This movie sucked. It stank on ice. Even Jeremy Irons gives a terrible performance. But for about thirty seconds, it’s a wonderful and magical film. During that time, Tom Baker is onscreen as an elven priest. Without any special effects beyond a pair of pointy ears, he makes magic real and dragons fill the skies. Then, we go back to crappy acting, pointlessly flashy costumes, bad writing, and excessive effects.

Somebody wake up Hicks.

Yeah, but nobody fucks with him. :smiley:

Not sure if he exactly fits the bill, but I never get tired of watching Alec Baldwin’s brief but overpowering scene as Blake in Glengarry Glen Ross. He doesn’t appear after the one scene, but holy shit…

[Unboxed SPOILERS ahead, likely. I’ll try not to spill too much, though.]
The guy who beeps at Cathy Ryan on the freeway in Patriot Games. (As I remember, didn’t he even sideswipe the terrorist van?)

The German guy that Indy fought on the runway, next to the flying wing.

The black ninja guy in the Cathedral tower in the first Batman movie.

Private Ryan in Saving Private Ryan (no, not Matt Damon, the other one, played by Nathan Fillion)

He was just funny.

I don’t think they could have stolen the movie, but you could make a cool spin off from both the Doctor and the “Prison Warden” from Minority Report.