Unknown Artist

I saw a drawing on Facebook that for some reason I found myself going back to it over and over. I have no knowledge of art beyond enjoying what I see but for some reason I feel like there is something very special about this artist. It made me think a little more about how and who appreciates art and why they appreciate it. This is a very nondescript unsophisticated piece of art yet I find myself trying to examine every little symbol and brush strokes.It is like there is a peaceful force in the painting that overpowers my normally fragmented and chaotic min. If anyone knows of a way I can share a facebook post to here please let me know. I would like to share it. I have a strange feeling that no one else will see what I see,

Can you use the snipping tool on facebook pages? If so, upload the snip of the pic to a webhosting site and post the link here. If not, doubtless someone more able than I will hopefully advise.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding something about Facebook since I don’t use it. Can’t you just copy the address of the page and paste it into your post here?

I will give that a try

If it’s a picture that’s in a Facebook post, you should be able to click on the picture in your Facebook feed, then right-click on the picture to get a series of browser commands, one of which should be something like “Open Image In New Tab.” Do that, and then the picture (and nothing but the picture) should be in that new browser tab – copy that URL from your browser, and paste it into a new post here in this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4378331828857021&set=pcb.4378332028857001&__cft__[0]=AZVODbwve5BI2rVuddyfX6z7XABlwBe_JlEpRQxNEnNtEvs6xE8MZ5Lt_i-pCeJ_gFYSd4CkhZzsR0R6AtRzO80c4Kn8KXuqv41a5bDfbTHWlZjGFsBSJOQydzTMuEkaCFDaWULC-cN2dnd0AavwpEe3EeFEw0fYxXX0Ohi-_9dn7g&__tn__=*bH-y-R

Google Photos

This one?

I thought this might be about this guy: Unknown Hinson - Home

But that is a pretty cool Elephant ‘thing’.

Yes, that was the one, not sure why I like it so much.

That worked. I like the painting also. Is the artist the woman whose Facebook page it is on?

Until I saw how large it was I thought it may have been watercolors on a piece of slate. Now it looks more like stiffened canvas. I’ll give a call out to @panache45, he’s one of the go to guys about art here, maybe he can give you some more info.

Great thing about art, you don’t have to explain why you like something, sometimes you just like it.

Yes, the lady posted it to her own page.

I just read where she had copied the photo, I thought it was original!

I’m no expert, but it almost looks like a batik. (paint the fabric, cover in wax, use dyes and generally make a huge mess)

Aye; batik was my thought as well, Gato.

There are marbling techniques that can produce similar designs.