Unusual flavors of tea you've tried.

Not to mention that they are a pain in the ass to fill, to use, to clean . . . A POX, I say.

Anyway, my wackiest tea flavor was inadvertent: I had some chocolate-flavored black tea, which I blended with some vanilla-flavored rooibos, and without thinking, I stored it in a tin that used to hold Moroccan mint tea.

This turned out to be a mistake.

My friend described it as tasting like steeped menthol cigarettes.

(I threw that out and remade the blend in a clean tin, and it is quite tasty, actually.)

I love Lapsang Souchong, but it is a bit like drinking tea flavored with liquid smoke. In my opinion, it’s fantastic, but most people do find it repulsive.

Yeah, I seem to remember QtM being hip to this stuff. Or did he hate it? Can’t remember. Either way, he had a strong reaction to it.

I found it took two attempts for me to like it. I never try anything once – always twice. I was taken aback the first time, and grew to love it the second. The best part is, I don’t have to worry about anyone else getting into it!

I tried two new ones. Rooibos, specifically Kalahari Red Tea, is the best tea I’ve ever tasted. Twig tea, on the other hand, is utterly vile.